2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 06:33 PM)
Unless Toews plans on fighting Backes, he needs to put his head down and play hockey. The team looks bad when he's not focused.

Enforcers ( at least on the Hawks) are a thing of the past . Maybe Toews thinks it's his duty as Captain to somehow let the Blues know that they won't take that crap lying down. BTW great assist by Panarin to find Kane all alone in front.

Hawks do seem to have some extra life on their skates determined to not let the Blues dictate play.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
Enforcers ( at least on the Hawks) are a thing of the past . Maybe Toews thinks it's his duty as Captain to somehow let the Blues know that they won't take that crap lying down. BTW great assist by Panarin to find Kane all alone in front.

Hawks do seem to have some extra life on their skates determined to not let the Blues dictate play.

The bold is a good thing for hockey overall. Most "enforcers" now have to contribute in other ways to keep their spot. Clearly enforcers aren't necessary as the Blackhawks haven't really had one in this run.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 06:33 PM)
Unless Toews plans on fighting Backes, he needs to put his head down and play hockey. The team looks bad when he's not focused.

He actually did go after him after the hit on Hjalmarsson . Got Backes sweater pulled over his head and it ended quickly .Once Backes was blind the linesmen stepped in.

glad the hawks won. many shots on goal for the hawks.

alot of different players with assist.

the bad.

#1 Daley- for a dman, he was on the ice 11:40 min.... only 2 other hawks player played less and both were forward.

#2 only 6 hits for the hawks

#3 only 5 block shots.

#4 Keith lead the team with total ice time, the same day he comes back with 27:30 mins.

yet the hawks won.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 15, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
Don't know if this post was before or after they fought, but, they fought.

Which is good, because Toews isn't the player the Blackhawks need when he's constantly going at it with an opponent. Toews plays real hockey extremely well. He's no enforcer and he's significantly compromised when he's overly aggressive.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 16, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
Which is good, because Toews isn't the player the Blackhawks need when he's constantly going at it with an opponent. Toews plays real hockey extremely well. He's no enforcer and he's significantly compromised when he's overly aggressive.

man this reminds me of a story, it involved one the of hawks stars, also with Gretzky. for the hawks it was one of the sutter hunter {dave} brothers, for this example i am going to use larmer . larmer was really upset and was trying to fight this player b/c of frustration. the player was surprise but he was trying to hold on to him as larmer was flaying away. thing is, Dave Hunter could have hit him, 0 punches thrown 0 landed for both players, but Dave got the 5 mins b/c he drop his gloves without know who was coming after him. Larmer did not get no penalty. Dave was trying to get the ref to jump in stop the larmer..... it was the funniest thing but it also showed the classiness of Hunter, one of the few times.

same thing with Gretzky. now player knows who really not to fight. but then again, there are some really scumbags.

found the youtube .....

~~~ edit. fixed.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)

Should be interesting. I've never really watched the NHL All-Star game (or really any sports All Star game) very often but I might have to check it out this year. Should be pretty fast paced and high scoring. The goalies don't stand a chance.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)

that would be great.... i have stop watching all star games for all sports. but the 3 on 3 i might want to watch that.

i still still think keep the all star selection the same and then have a lottery pick of sort to split it up fairly. then a round robin kind of game.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
Senators are really interested in Daley. Bowman's asking price is a 2nd round pick and Matt Puempel or Shane Prince.

i saw that... but the asking price was too crazy so i didn't trust the source. there is talk as well and 2 other teams beside the senators.

i still find it hard on the senators..... they have a nice stable of young dmans.

oh well.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 04:03 AM)
Take a 3rd or better before everyone finds out Daley is garbage.

screw the pitchers wingers in the deal just get 2-2rnd picks. with their record, those picks are way better.

oops edit.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)
I think it might be the smoothness of the ice, but there is just something I really enjoy about watching the Hawks play in Edmonton

The ice is fast but I hate their lighting.

Panarin is out pacing Sharpie and Saad on points so far. Pretty awesome.