2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 27, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)
seriously, the hawks got robbed.

how can duncan keith and keith seabs not be given stars for the game. the minutes on ices plus the hits, plus shot on goal and the points????

Who cares who the stars were? They won the game.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 27, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
Dallas has not looked awesome for a couple of weeks, but they still continue to win. The Central is just so stacked.

Minnesota was up 3-0 vs Dallas in the 3rd and Dallas tied it

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 28, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
Minnesota was up 3-0 vs Dallas in the 3rd and Dallas tied it

No one beats Dallas in OT. It doesn't happen.

Benn-Seguin-Klingberg

Sharp-Spezza-Goligoski

Best two lines in 3-3, period.

That doesn't happen in the postseason, however. Their defense is still lacking and their best defenseman is very young and makes a lot of mistakes. That being said, Dallas is the Western Conference team that can beat Chicago at their own game.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 07:15 AM)
I'll take 8/12 points on the circus trip.

that is still a nice rtn ..... the points does not tell the whole story but it is still a good trip.

now i do not know on the validity of this rumor, but columbus and islander may have a trade happening with ref to hamonic ... now only time will tell if it happen.

here i thought on a crazy idea of the hawks getting involve

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
1. No matter the outcome, that OT last night was a blast. I wasn't even mad when the Kings scored, I was just entertained.

2. If someone would have told me the Hawks would be 13-8-3 around the quarter mark before the season, I would have said "Yep, that's about right." They are starting to play better, the Top 4 D pairs have been settled, and comfort level seems to be growing. Obviously some guys are still scuffling and they certainly don't look like world beaters every night, but given all the changes in the offseason, this all seems about right.

Agree. My only concern now is getting more from guys like Shaw, Garbutt, Teuvo, Kruger, Kero, etc. Hossa has been playing well, the Anisimov line is on fire and Toews is Toews. Right now it looks like the scoring depth isn't there.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
They need the next wave to start producing, absolutely correct. Dano & Teuvo specifically. Those two, no matter their age, were being counted on to produce at a high level this year and so far it hasn't happened.

If those two were to get it going the entire complexion of the team changes.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 07:45 PM)
Agree. My only concern now is getting more from guys like Shaw, Garbutt, Teuvo, Kruger, Kero, etc. Hossa has been playing well, the Anisimov line is on fire and Toews is Toews. Right now it looks like the scoring depth isn't there.

in my opinion you are talking about 2 different waves .... the obvious wave is the elite or the higher end players. after that, 2 more waves.

1 wave is the shaw, kruger, garbutt, daley type of players and yes they need to step up. but with my first question, will Q system allow them to really be offensively thinking.... i answer should be no, they can make their own scoring chances.

the next wave after that is the dano, teuvo etc.. i think they could really use another yr in the minors.... even teuvo who i am not a fan of. i do not see him as many on this board does. but that still doesn't mean he is ready to be playing in the big leagues.... however here is my final question, is Q and his system really holding them back?? they do not have the freedom to make those mental rookie or inexperience players type of mistake that they may make on another team. they are expected to play in a very regimented, very rigorous style of play. that is why many, not all players Q likes are in their mid 20's or older.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 01:45 PM)

I like what I've seen from Kero. Hoping he can find another gear and be a substantial contributor, but the early returns are promising.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 03:09 AM)
Those aren't foundation pieces. Every team has role players that are expected to contribute in certain ways. Kruger on the PK, Shaw in front of the next, ect. Those are never going to be key contributors.

What the organization has been very clear about from the start is building a foundation around Toews-Kane-Hossa-Keith-Seabrook. Those are your building blocks for the last 6+ years. Because they are expensive and the NHL deals in a hard salary cap, finding young, cost controlled IMPACT talent is key. You had that in guys like Saad, Byfuglien, Bolland, ect. But those guys get expensive, and decisions need to be made. That is when waves comes into play. When those players leave, the next wave has to be ready to replace them. Dano, Teuvo, Panarian, ect. And the cycle continues and continues.

It's not a unique concept, and for all the flak you seem to give Bowman & Co, they have done a fantastic job of doing that, especially considering they have been picking in the 30's the last 5+ years.

It can still be done with this next wave, but guys need to continue to develop, and you are seeing it on the NHL level instead of in the minors with some of these guys because of the cap crunch. Winning is expensive(and so is Bickell's awful contract).

all that flak as you said was done before the season, since then i am cheering as i have always cheered with some questions on 1 player.

in actuality i have defended bowman b/c no team in the nhl will want to help the hawks and tell me if that is not the case, unless bowman really overpays. if he over pays it will have to be for a young power forward. but what does rehashing my comments on bowman from the preseason has to do with scoring and the next wave. do not try to incorporate all this in one subject of me ranting on bowman.

my lack of faith have always been on teuvo, and it still hasn't change and i said that dano and teuvo needs another yr of seasoning. but the team may not have another body to step in or do they.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 11:45 AM)

In lieu of those guys stepping up the other key is the scoring from Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarrson on the trip. I'm guessing Keith especially knows this and I've seen him deep in the offensive zone on more occasions recently than I have in a while.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

i rewatch the ot win of la over the hawks. i still think it was exciting. the hawks had a chance and the goalie swatted the puck up and over the net ... i could have sworn that was going in.

2 mistakes by hawks, i forgot who, but the winger on the right side should have circle behind the net with the puck instead of forcing the shot.

the last mistake on kane that allowed the winning score. but hey, it was a great ot and Darling look good.

the more and more i see of John Tortorella, i am becoming a fan of his. he calls it as he see it, with out regard to any penalty from the league.

with out being a racist, he reminds me of every Italians i know from chi. will be your best friend and watch out for their fiery temper. on this rant he is head on ....

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
that is still a nice rtn ..... the points does not tell the whole story but it is still a good trip.

now i do not know on the validity of this rumor, but columbus and islander may have a trade happening with ref to hamonic ... now only time will tell if it happen.

here i thought on a crazy idea of the hawks getting involve

well i will own up, i guess that rumor was really someone creative ideas...

here is a question.

should the hawks look at moving crawford and pick up Jonathan Bernier - g from tor in a bigger deal.

now remember this season Bernier is having a rough start. the trade is to lessen the salary cap for the hawks and help in any future players movement.

now, berrier has some really good skills.

but i know, not during the season.