2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 05:37 PM)
As Hawks fans, we have been very spoiled the last 6 years. With that said, it's incredibly fun watching the MVP and ROTY play on the same line together.

It's a blast really. Hard to believe Kane's never had a regular season hat trick. I'm gonna just say he gets it tonight. The Hawks are so good playing with the lead but sometimes I just hate how they do it. It's like "ok boys offense stops , just play it smart" and it makes me crazy . You inevitably see the other team put a ton of pressure on but somehow most of the time they fall short. Can't argue with success but it still drives me nuts.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

It was silly that McDonough felt he had to answer for Kane. His response was perfect.

"I wouldn’t call it vindication," McDonough said. "I’m just very happy for him. I’m glad he got off to such a great start and he’s continued to do that and the focus staying on hockey. It tells you how committed he is. But no I don’t think there’s any sense of vindication at all, he’s just reached another level of his career."

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 09:51 PM)
It was over 40 today in January. Its pretty much spring.

Gonna be cold as hell this weekend though...

Anaheim up 4-0 now on Dallas. We'll see if they can hold on. End of the 1st period.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 07:37 PM)
As Hawks fans, we have been very spoiled the last 6 years. With that said, it's incredibly fun watching the MVP and ROTY play on the same line together.

This is the best hockey any of us will see in our lifetime as Hawks fans.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 03:32 PM)
John Scott traded to Montreal. The world anxiously waits to find out if he can still captain the Pacific team in the AS game.

Apparently the NHL and the Yotes tried to make him quick the ASG. What f***ing assholes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 10:38 PM)
Apparently the NHL and the Yotes tried to make him quick the ASG. What f***ing assholes.

And now Scott is being treated like the asshole when the fans and players all supported it. He wouldn't quit, now he's been traded and been demoted to the AHL, so he's no longer eligible. Sucks, it's a meaningless game solely hosted for entertainment, let's have some fun once in a while.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 09:34 PM)
It was silly that McDonough felt he had to answer for Kane. His response was perfect.

"I wouldn’t call it vindication," McDonough said. "I’m just very happy for him. I’m glad he got off to such a great start and he’s continued to do that and the focus staying on hockey. It tells you how committed he is. But no I don’t think there’s any sense of vindication at all, he’s just reached another level of his career."

I'm more and more convinced that the reason Kane spoke at the preseason camp in South Bend was more of a form of punishment from the Hawks, and that quote convinces me more. Same thing happened when Corey sprained his ankle drunk at the concert, he immediately had to answer for it. I've always heard how big of an asshole McDonough is, but that's why he's good at his job.