2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 03:03 PM)
Committed Indians

31 mins ·

The Winnipeg Jets have agreed with Dustin Byfuglien on a five-year contract extension with an AAV of $7.6 million!

Looks like Ladd is probably gone then.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 07:03 PM)
Yep, I posted a report from TSN about two weeks ago that claimed the Jets were basically going to have to decided on which one they wanted to go long term with, Ladd or Buff. Clearly, they made their decision.

I'd love Ladd back on this team.

What would it take to get Ladd, Tony?

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)
That's not TOTALLY true.

I've seen different numbers a few different places, but it looks like the Hawks have about 3.5 in cap space for the deadline.

I believe Ladd has a cap hit of 4.4. The Jets aren't near the cap max and have some room, even with the new Buff money.

Could the Hawks swing something like a 1st round pick, Hartman and 50% salary retention on Bickell? It's a lot for a rental player, but the Hawks have shown they are once again a true contender, and you're acquiring a 1st line LW to play with Toews and Hossa. I'd do it.

I didn't realize they had built up that much. That is pretty awesome. That will definitely allow them to buy someone at the deadline if they want.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 09:11 PM)
I feel like no one knows the exact number, there are so many moving pieces with the bonuses, LTIR, ect. But it seems like it's around there.

There is no doubt they'll make a move. Stan started out as a somewhat conservative GM and has really turned into someone that won't rest on his roster, no matter how good the club is. I think the debate is either a LW or a D man, as if one goes down, you're starting both Rozy and Scuderi in the playoffs, which is scary.

I was under the impression they had spent most of it with some of the call ups, but I am really happy to hear they have some room. They have options both in the minors and in cap room, that is pretty awesome.

Ladd would fit well on the first line.

I'd rather not do Shaw + Hartman if possible, as Hartman is seen as Shaw's replacement. But the bottom line is you do what it takes to win a cup.

I think the Hawks can continue their superhuman status through Keith's peak. Obviously will still be really good with Toews/Kane being a few years younger, but Keith is 32 already. So if it takes another Vermette type deal for Ladd, do it.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Feb 6, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
He's a top five GM in the NHL, but he couldn't stop Corey Crawford tonight.

No, but he could have found a few defensemen and goalies. Sometimes those are important

Also, two months ago you said he was the best. Now, he's top 5. By April he will be top 10.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Feb 7, 2016 -> 08:26 AM)
Dallas is a one sport town, really. Football day and night.

And even then, a lot of Cowboys games are swarming with opposing teams' fans

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 08:10 AM)
He seems to think the hawks have less than 1 million in Cap space.

Also I keep forgetting how young Shaw is, it seems like hes been around forever.

So that Zawaski piece had the wrong numbers in it: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/02/08/zaw...wks-jets-trade/

That outlines how getting Ladd is completely feasible.

Edited by Y2JImmy0

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
So that Zawaski piece had the wrong numbers in it: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/02/08/zaw...wks-jets-trade/

That outlines how getting Ladd is completely feasible.

You should tweet that to him and see what he says. Zawaski is pretty good about hockey discussion and will admit when he is wrong and correct himself