2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 08:28 AM)
Weise really turns it on in the playoffs. Can't wait to play the Kings. (If we do of course) He and Lucic do not like each other at all.

Also very classy of Kruger to give Ladd his #16. The people in Chicago with Ladd jerseys are definitely the happiest.

What about the people with Kruger jerseys? :)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was worried about trading away Teuvo, instead Bowman trades for two new line mates for him. Guess the organization loves him more than I do.

The biggest strength of the three Cup teams was depth from lines 1-4 and Bowman took care of that. Keith got a month off for knee surgery so he should be ready to play 30+ minutes a game again and carry the blue line through June.

I wish the playoffs started tommorrow!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
I was worried about trading away Teuvo, instead Bowman trades for two new line mates for him. Guess the organization loves him more than I do.

The biggest strength of the three Cup teams was depth from lines 1-4 and Bowman took care of that. Keith got a month off for knee surgery so he should be ready to play 30+ minutes a game again and carry the blue line through June.

I wish the playoffs started tommorrow!

Agreed on this. Teuvo is one of the guys loaded with potential that hasn't quite fit yet. Glad to see the Blackhawks think he need better line mates.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 08:28 AM)
Weise really turns it on in the playoffs. Can't wait to play the Kings. (If we do of course) He and Lucic do not like each other at all.

Also very classy of Kruger to give Ladd his #16. The people in Chicago with Ladd jerseys are definitely the happiest.

Pulling mine out of retirement.

Chris Hine of the Chicago Tribune: Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said he’s “most likely” finished making moves before the deadline.

dang, i was really hoping that the hawks would have been able to get rid of bickell and pick up a d-man.

either way , bowman got this team ready for the playoff run.

:bringit :cheers

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Feb 28, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
Maybe switch Teuvo and Shaw? Shaw isn't really first line material.

I'd rather let Teuvo get more reps in with Flesichman since that's who he will be playing with in the playoffs. Let Shaw fill in on the top line until Hossa gets back.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 28, 2016 -> 12:10 PM)
I'd rather let Teuvo get more reps in with Flesichman since that's who he will be playing with in the playoffs. Let Shaw fill in on the top line until Hossa gets back.

That's fair. If it were earlier in the season, I would drop Hossa and Shaw to the third line. Hossa's hands aren't the same, but he does a lot with his current skill set.

But you're right, if the plan is to put those three together, leave Teuvo where he is.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Brian Hedger ‏@BrianHedger 5m5 minutes ago

Bickell's agent has permission to seek trade scenarios, which he's doing. He's hopeful but knows cap situation is a tough one. #Blackhawks

5 retweets 2 likes

If Bowman can pull this off without getting rid of Pokka, Hartman, or Forsling and I'll be ecstatic.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
Hawks trade D Dennis Robertson to Carolina for G Drew McIntyre (not the wrestler).

Goalie for Rockford for the playoffs. Leighton will be 3rd goalie for playoffs.

We also signed a goalie to an NHL contract the other day

edit: It was Mac Carruth

Edited by Jose Abreu

going back to the hawks, i look at the team and where the cap is at, i can't see any more moves to improve the team. now a miracle can happen and bickell can be traded.

question, if he is traded, depending if the hawks sends money along, how much in the cap does the hawks gets back. for this discussion, lets assume the hawks sends 2 mil with him.

QUOTE (bshah723 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 12:54 PM)
"Top 5 GM" Jim Nill just got owned in a trade with Calgary. :lol:

The value is in the second round pick. It's not a great trade, but Russell is probably better than Jokipakka. I don't love it, but it's still not as bad as Bickell or Seabrook.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 08:43 PM)
They won't be able to move him at the deadline. It just doesn't make sense for another team to do it now, unless the Hawks want to severely overpay to make something happen. I think it's more likely they find a team in the off-season that wants to get to the cap floor and isn't competing in 2016-2017. I think the goal is to retain no salary for his last year, but you'll have to add a decent prospect into the package for someone to take that 4 million.

yeah i totally agree, the hawks would really need to severely overpay, and with the cap and the bread man bonus, i think they will need to complicate that. but that is the offseason .... now to get my hopes of a nice cup run.

btw, many thanks for the info.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
None of us have any idea what really goes on in trades, but I have a hunch the Hawks will be able to move Bickell on draft day without too much of a problem. There are going to be 3-4 teams well under the floor at that point and with a simple one year commitment to Bickell instead of multiple seasons, acquiring a decent prospect back isn't a terrible gamble for a rebuilding team. It doesn't change your long term rebuild plans and you are getting an asset back with Bickell.

exactly, to finally get from under that contract.

i see a huge pkg to get rid of him, the hawks, as i mention will have to foot this bill.

either way, i am really excited on this team and the pieces added,