2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 01:06 PM)
That's probably right.

1. Hossa - was signed as the piece to get us over the hump. That happened.

2. Jermaine Dye - from FA signing to top 5 MVP voting

3. Julius Peppers - DPOY and got bears to NFCC

4. AJP

Don't follow cubs much. Maddux?

Carlton Fisk probably deserves a mention.

Maddux was drafted by the Cubs, Andre Dawson would probably be their number 1 as of now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
Ha, I was thinking of his second stint but man his stats were so much worse than I remembered. (Maddux)

We call that the Cubbie distortion field. It's like Steve Jobs reality distortion field, except it centers on garbage instead of quality products.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 08:27 AM)
This came in the mail today. Looks pretty great. I'm usually not impressed with these outdoor game jerseys (excluding the original 2009 Winter Classic), but I like this one.

4px52DC.jpg

x4jjFSE.jpg

Really cool. I was going to buy a white Teuvo authentic but I have some hesitation to fork over $350. I do appreciate you buying the real stuff. The counterfeit market put a sports store I used to manage out of business

Beautiful sweater AustinIllini.

When they released that ones design, it made me kind of regret purchasing a Toews Winter Classic from last year. But I got a good deal on it because I don't think they were in high demand. I like the design this year slightly better, the black shoulders with white numbers is awesome. But I also like last years design. The all black numbers appeals to me a little bit more then the normal away sweater, which has a red border around the numbers. What I also fell in love with on my sweater is what appears to be the 1955-1956 C logo, which is awesome.

Chicago-Blackhawks-Alternative-Logos.jpg

toews110514_672a.jpg

I know it didn't get much love from most fans, but I still love it.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
Really cool. I was going to buy a white Teuvo authentic but I have some hesitation to fork over $350. I do appreciate you buying the real stuff. The counterfeit market put a sports store I used to manage out of business

I completely agree. $350 is just insane. I'll stick to the replicas. They look the same overall.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
With a 3rd line of Danault, Manshinter and Desjardins you have to wonder if Bowman takes a shot somewhere at a solid 3rd line wing. PA Parenteau has been good this year for Toronto- 11 goals, 10 assists- and is a UFA at year's end.

Anisimov is playing tonight so Tuevo will be on the 3rd line with Danault and Desjardins.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 04:07 PM)
That's why China is great lol. I have about 6-7 sweaters for under 200 bucks.

If you're talking about one under $200, fine, because the replicas are around $180. However, no offense, but if you're referring to the ones that have Indian head's the size of my fist, they look completely stupid.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
At this rate, Q is gonna pass Bowman in 5 years, not 10. :P

Tomorrow night already feels like such a trap game though.

Tied for the lead in the Central (Dallas with 2 games in hand).

I know what you mean about the trap game, thing. Toronto will bite teams that don't take them seriously. And dang, Mike Babcock.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 09:25 PM)
Goalie win tonight

You aren't kidding. Seabs and Hammer looked off their games tonight and the offense went to sleep after the second, but some great individual two way efforts by Shaw and Hossa shouldn't be overlooked.