2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 11:34 PM)
And now Scott is being treated like the asshole when the fans and players all supported it. He wouldn't quit, now he's been traded and been demoted to the AHL, so he's no longer eligible. Sucks, it's a meaningless game solely hosted for entertainment, let's have some fun once in a while.

And then gave the fans the vote. This is their game. Let them have some damned fun.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
I think it's only like $900k, at least that's what it was last time he went to Rockford.

I read it wrong. They can loan him and pick up the $3 million. Trade seems unlikely, so yes he'll be in Rockford.

Perron fits in with the Ducks because he's one of those guys who hits a lot and sucks at hockey

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 01:14 PM)
Stan is gearing up for another move I think. It's not a ton of money, but the Kruger/LTIR situation is similar to last year, which allowed the Hawks to get Vermette on the books.

I could see them going after Versteeg again (who's had a damn good year) or Parenteau (as I brought up the other day), but it only saves about $900,000.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 05:37 AM)
I'm more and more convinced that the reason Kane spoke at the preseason camp in South Bend was more of a form of punishment from the Hawks, and that quote convinces me more. Same thing happened when Corey sprained his ankle drunk at the concert, he immediately had to answer for it. I've always heard how big of an asshole McDonough is, but that's why he's good at his job.

wow.... that can do it, i never really thought of it that way. nice one.

can you imagine Kane's embarrassment as he has to face the press and with all the pressure .....

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 07:14 PM)
Stan is gearing up for another move I think. It's not a ton of money, but the Kruger/LTIR situation is similar to last year, which allowed the Hawks to get Vermette on the books.

the hawks and their FO, what can Stan do.... i sure would like to pull out another key trade to help the hawks get into the SC game....

however i look at this team and yeah the team has some holes, but that is for us, the fans to see these little imperfections, but as a team, can they maintain as is and do well in the coming playoff????

i have no answer, i am lost here.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:22 PM)
the hawks and their FO, what can Stan do.... i sure would like to pull out another key trade to help the hawks get into the SC game....

however i look at this team and yeah the team has some holes, but that is for us, the fans to see these little imperfections, but as a team, can they maintain as is and do well in the coming playoff????

i have no answer, i am lost here.

No. They've won 10 straight & are tops in the west now but wait until the playoffs. They'll be beaten down

:huh:

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jan 17, 2016 -> 04:50 AM)
No. They've won 10 straight & are tops in the west now but wait until the playoffs. They'll be beaten down

:huh:

i will say this, not as a fan of the blackhawks, but in looking at the talent and of course the coach.

they will not get beaten down, they will do well.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 17, 2016 -> 06:09 AM)
i will say this, not as a fan of the blackhawks, but in looking at the talent and of course the coach.

they will not get beaten down, they will do well.

It was sarcasm, man. You asked, did you not? You said you were lost. A day later, you have an answer? Of course the Hawks are good enough to repeat. They have the 2nd most points in the whole NHL. They have the FO, players and coaches.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jan 17, 2016 -> 01:40 PM)
It was sarcasm, man. You asked, did you not? You said you were lost. A day later, you have an answer? Of course the Hawks are good enough to repeat. They have the 2nd most points in the whole NHL. They have the FO, players and coaches.

They also seem to be getting better as the season goes on.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jan 17, 2016 -> 06:40 PM)

sarcasm is usually in green and any way, i didn't write anything bad. i was respecting your opinion, i was adding something else.

During the streak so many guys have risen to another level . Seems like every line is doing well now. Hossa picking it up offensively makes him so much more valuable as I've always respected his play defensively. Shaw has also been tenacious as hell and might've been the fit that Toewes and Hossa needed. Rasmussen, Garbutt, Desjardins, Gustafsson, Danault, Panik all contributing.

Seems like with the arrival of Scuderi and Daley's departure the team chemistry has improved.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 17, 2016 -> 07:55 PM)
Something was for sure "off" in that situation. Scuderi hasn't done anything, but the subtraction of Daley has been huge for this team, and credit to Bowman to be aware of it, admit a mistake, and move on very quickly.

I've been glancing at other hockey sites for reaction, and it's still hard to believe when fans compare the Hawks to Wings of the late 90's, and the Patriots of the NHL. It's just stunning what this entire franchise has created, basically from the ground up.

I probably should've said with the arrival of Gustafsson also since he's been there a few more games than Scuderi . But Gus has been impressive being a +12 in the 15 games he's played.

I didn't know other fans talk about the Hawks in that way. I know I mentioned how the Hawks reminded me of those 90's Wings teams but that was maybe in the preseason with the arrival of all the Russian players. Seems like there's been a Russian revival in the NHL this year or maybe I'm just noticing more than the last few years. But there is some incredible Russian talent in the NHL now.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside