2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)
Hmm. That makes me a bit less happy about the Asimov deal

I wouldn't be surprised if Vermette didn't really want to come back. I realize winning cures all, but still, he never really seemed happy, especially with Q dicking him around.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if Vermette didn't really want to come back. I realize winning cures all, but still, he never really seemed happy, especially with Q dicking him around.

Was pretty damn important in the playoffs. He proved very good at winning faceoffs. Q should love him for that alone.

Could there actually be 3 Russians playing important roles with the Hawks next year ? Possibly all on the same line ?Tikhonov had very nice things to say about Panarin. ( http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Repor...-311240531.html ) Basically said the Hawks will love his style of play. I think it's smart of Bowman to get a few other Russians like Tikhonov and Asiminov to get Panarin comfortable.

Tikhonov is the grandson of legendary Russian coach of the same name who I believe was coaching Russian in the 1980 Olympics when team USA pulled the Miracle on Ice.

Seems like forever since the Hawks had any Russian players . I remember Alexi Zhamnov and Sergei Krivokrasov probably spent the most time with the Hawks There have been others but none that played any major roles since then. Should be very interestink ( :P ) to see how things shake out.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
Hmm. That makes me a bit less happy about the Asimov deal

I'd say probably age had some factor here in terms of the contracts, Amisonov is what 5 years younger.

And I do agree on bringing in extra Russians (that really doesn't sound right BTW.....), to get those guys fully comfortable as possible.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 5m5 minutes ago

Viktor Tikhonov, signed by the #Blackhawks for just over $1 mil, is coming off a $3.3 million deal in KHL. Kid really want to give it a go.

Don't put too much stock in this.The KHL ( Russian league) and the ruble both had crashed. Reports were some players weren't being paid and the league is in serious jeopardy.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 11:22 PM)

He was always going back to AZ and his only skill better than Anisimov is face offs and he's downright better than most centers in the league. Anisimov scores at a higher rate and is a lot younger.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 03:21 AM)
I'd say probably age had some factor here in terms of the contracts, Amisonov is what 5 years younger.

And I do agree on bringing in extra Russians (that really doesn't sound right BTW.....), to get those guys fully comfortable as possible.

Yeah, it does make sense with the age, I guess I'm just not as sold on Amisonov, but we will see how he does.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
Comcast SportsNet ‏@CSNChicago 2h2 hours ago

Report: #Blackhawks agree to terms with D Cameron Schilling -- http://bit.ly/1IRaSUf #HawksTalk

they needed a player like him for an option to replace the dman the hawks traded a couple of days ago.,

i would like to see the salary.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 46m46 minutes ago

Told #Blackhawks were at least $1M apart on AAV w Brandon Saad, likely $5M and $6M. I'd peg #CBJ deal - when done - at $5.5M or 5.75M per

1 mil in the difference... ummmm

btw, i read that pit approach the hawks about a possible trade to get it done. they were surprise with no answer while reading of the trade was done with cbj. i would have like to know what pit was offering. also wasn't it pitt going to offer Saad a QO.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 11:12 AM)
they needed a player like him for an option to replace the dman the hawks traded a couple of days ago.,

i would like to see the salary.

He is Rockford depth. Nothing more.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
1 mil in the difference... ummmm

btw, i read that pit approach the hawks about a possible trade to get it done. they were surprise with no answer while reading of the trade was done with cbj. i would have like to know what pit was offering. also wasn't it pitt going to offer Saad a QO.

Pitt, on paper, is closer to a SC team. I'd rather put Saad on a team that isn't quite as close. Plus, obviously, StanBo LURVES him some Anisimov.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 08:15 AM)
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 46m46 minutes ago

Told #Blackhawks were at least $1M apart on AAV w Brandon Saad, likely $5M and $6M. I'd peg #CBJ deal - when done - at $5.5M or 5.75M per

1 year apart isn't that far a part (in the grand scheme of things). And it looks like Saad split the difference. Seems like someone screwed the pooch up in terms of communication based upon some of Saad's late comments. That said, maybe it was all of a moot point once the offer came through, Stan might have decided that the prospects were worth more to him then Saad at even 5M.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)
Pitt, on paper, is closer to a SC team. I'd rather put Saad on a team that isn't quite as close. Plus, obviously, StanBo LURVES him some Anisimov.

strategically that is good thinking,

but i would love to see what that offer was from pitt

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 06:59 PM)
1 year apart isn't that far a part (in the grand scheme of things). And it looks like Saad split the difference. Seems like someone screwed the pooch up in terms of communication based upon some of Saad's late comments. That said, maybe it was all of a moot point once the offer came through, Stan might have decided that the prospects were worth more to him then Saad at even 5M.

the politics of the whole thing is one, i am thinking of the success of the playoff for next yr and the price and what the hawks got as a rtn.

ah man, i was soooo angry at the whole stupidity of it.

oh well, that was yesterday and tomorrow is tomorrow.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
In other news, Blues got bent over dealing Oshie. One playoff choker dealt for another. At least Oshie is solid in the regular season though.

I thought the Blues made out OK in the deal, Brouwer is no slouch

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 05:07 PM)
I thought the Blues made out OK in the deal, Brouwer is no slouch

Brouwer and Oshie are both overpaid and both aren't very good. Oshie's had 1 20+ goal season and 1 60+ point season. Brouwer usually ends the season with 40-50 points. Whatever.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
Brouwer and Oshie are both overpaid and both aren't very good. Oshie's had 1 20+ goal season and 1 60+ point season. Brouwer usually ends the season with 40-50 points. Whatever.

Ha, very true. I guess I just saw a consensus of "That's all it took to get Oshie?", where I don't see it as much of a drop off.