2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)
So if Danault and Teuvo get comfortable on the 3rd line together, then Kruger comes back and anchors the 4th line, this team suddenly looks much deeper, and the depth has always been their strongest suit with winning the Cup in June. Of course, that depends on Shaw staying successful with 19 & 81, which is not gonna happen.

Shaw does a ton right, but he's just not the scoring threat you want with Toews and Hossa.

I can see why they don't do it, but Teuvo was supposed to be that guy. He's just not there yet.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
Isn't that how you pronounce it phonetically just with the accent on the 2nd syllable since its a French name ?

Yes, but I would expect a professional hockey announcer to pronounce it correctly. I'm somewhat convinced it is further complicated by the existence of Marko Dano.

Over the last 12 games, Crawford is your MVP.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:36 PM)
Really it was a matter of getting guys to grow, and to get used to each other, in order to get to where they wanted to be. They gave Kane a real second line center, and look what happens.

Anisimov's acquisition can not be understated. He's been key.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
Yes, but I would expect a professional hockey announcer to pronounce it correctly. I'm somewhat convinced it is further complicated by the existence of Marko Dano.

I have always liked Corey, but have not liked his contract, because I think the money is better spent on defensemen, but with Corey playing like a Vezina candidate and Keith being a cyborg, the Hawks are really making off well with only two D pairings on winging the rest. He has just been on fire. But seeing how Pekka Rinne is suddenly average at best, there is still that worry about how long Corey can keep it up.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 04:25 AM)
I have always liked Corey, but have not liked his contract, because I think the money is better spent on defensemen, but with Corey playing like a Vezina candidate and Keith being a cyborg, the Hawks are really making off well with only two D pairings on winging the rest. He has just been on fire. But seeing how Pekka Rinne is suddenly average at best, there is still that worry about how long Corey can keep it up.

and here i was thinking of trading him for prospects and salary savings..... that would have been a huge mistake....

now i am thinking of who will step in when CC is done as a hawk.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 11:11 PM)
and here i was thinking of trading him for prospects and salary savings..... that would have been a huge mistake....

I thought it would be Raanta. Always liked him better than Darling.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 11:11 PM)

He's 31 years old with 4 years left on his contract which includes a no movement clause. I don't think we really need to be too concerned over who his successor will be quite yet.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 10:25 PM)

Whatever you do, don't eat crow..

...he needs to play in goal

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)

Really over the last couple of months he has been one of the best goalies in all of hockey.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
If the league could just come to an agreement that all French names be pronounced correctly. Looking at you, Andrew Desjardins.

He may be French, but he's not Quebecois. He was actually asked this last year and his family pronounces it Duh-ZHAR-din.

How about a little credit to Stan for finding TVR, Panarin and Gustafsson out of the blue? And I'll be the first to admit that I hated Anisimov being the main piece in the Saad deal, but he's proven me wrong. That line is unreal.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 12:31 AM)
How about a little credit to Stan for finding TVR, Panarin and Gustafsson out of the blue? And I'll be the first to admit that I hated Anisimov being the main piece in the Saad deal, but he's proven me wrong. That line is unreal.

Turning Saad into Anisimov is Bowman's magnum opus this season. The fact is, the top line is hurting offensively, but the second line is just orders of magnitudes better with Kane having a real center.

As far as Panarin goes, maybe GMs will finally get over the KHL threat.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 12:31 AM)

A little? No, a ton. The guy finds gold no matter where he digs. Even if all of his deals don't work out, he puts damned good teams on the ice annually.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
Any cap savings?

None this year, but Sekac will be a FA while Garbutt was still signed for next season. link

The trade is essentially cap neutral for the Hawks — Sekac’s cap hit of $925,000 is just $25,000 more than Garbutt’s — but Sekac is in the last year of his contract, which will provide the Hawks with some salary-cap flexibility next season.