2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
Hawks resign Desjardins to 2 years 800K AAV. Love it. Great role player. Really fit in here.

Only 800K?! Great deal. He definitely took a pay cut to stay here. He was damn solid for us.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
‏@MarkLazerus 3m3 minutes ago

Andrew Desjardins' AAV is a mere $800,000. Per his agent, he "took far less to stay. Loves it there." #Blackhawks

Awesome. Him, Kruger, and Shaw just clicked on the playoffs. I know it depends on the other forwards but wouldn't mind that line sticking together.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
Hawks resign Desjardins to 2 years 800K AAV. Love it. Great role player. Really fit in here.

that is a rarity in today's with ref to players taking less money. esp if their salary isn't over a 1 mil at yr.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 3m3 minutes ago

Deals for Johnny Oduya and Marcus Kruger on hold while Stan Bowman works to clear cap space. Gotta wonder how long Oduya waits. #Blackhawks

Sounds like Hawks have deals set in place with Kruger and Oduya. Just a matter of trading Sharp and Bickell like now.

Hopefully to expect movement next couple days, can't expect Oduya will wait forever.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 3m3 minutes ago

Deals for Johnny Oduya and Marcus Kruger on hold while Stan Bowman works to clear cap space. Gotta wonder how long Oduya waits. #Blackhawks

Sounds like Hawks have deals set in place with Kruger and Oduya. Just a matter of trading Sharp and Bickell like now.

Hopefully to expect movement next couple days, can't expect Oduya will wait forever.

Interesting. Gotta think the Kruger deal can happen now without any trades. It would be huge to keep Oduya, the D core is lacking in depth.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
Saad signs with Columbus 6 years 6 million AAV

There it is, good for him. Sounds like the Hawks might have given him $5 million, but doubt it would be for 6 years. Can't blame either side, blame the system.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 01:22 AM)
There it is, good for him. Sounds like the Hawks might have given him $5 million, but doubt it would be for 6 years. Can't blame either side, blame the system.

i thought it was rumored to be something like 5.5. something but then again, i was going with what the sports sites where talking about.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 1h1 hour ago

Marcus Kruger decided not to file for arbitration to keep negotiating with #Blackhawks. Wants longer-term contract. Waiting for cap space.

Defenseman Johnny Oduya remains in a holding pattern while waiting for #Blackhawks to clear cap space.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 12:47 AM)
i thought it was rumored to be something like 5.5. something but then again, i was going with what the sports sites where talking about.

Hawks were rumored to top out at 5, Saad was rumored to want 6.5. I'm sure he would've signed for 6 with the Hawks but sounds like 5 was a hard cap for them.

I love that players love playing here so much that they are waiting for Stan to figure out this cap problem. For their own sake, Stan better figure it out sooner rather then later (like last year with Leddy). You don't want to make guys wait too much, else they may miss opportunities elsewhere.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
David Dwork ‏@DavidDwork 6h6 hours ago

The @FlaPanthers were very close to striking a deal with the @NHLBlackhawks last night for Patrick Sharp. May pick back up today. Stay tuned

If Sharp gets dealt to the Panthers, I may never complain about the Rizzo to Cubs deal, because the Hawks seem to conveniently dump all their salaries to Dale Tallon.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
If Sharp gets dealt to the Panthers, I may never complain about the Rizzo to Cubs deal, because the Hawks seem to conveniently dump all their salaries to Dale Tallon.

I dont understand why we feel the need to deal sharp. Get rid of Bickell's salary and we are almost good to go.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
I dont understand why we feel the need to deal sharp. Get rid of Bickell's salary and we are almost good to go.

who would really want to trade for bickell.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)

1. You will actually get something back for Sharp

2. I don't know if they have money for Oduya, Kruger, and Sharp

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/chicago-blackhawks/cap/

This is what I've been using. Out of those 3 I would rather lose Oduya to be honest. I think moving Sharp up a line would benefit him tremendously.

if you literally give away Bickell and probably Versteeg we have enough room to bring back Sharp, Oduya and Kruger.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 05:05 PM)
I think Oduya needs to come back more from just a depth perspective. The D corps start to look scary when he is removed from the lineup.

Agreed. Someone needs to play the blue line.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:58 PM)

if and i mean if sharp is traded. lets see what the rtn will be.

i really don't see and i hope i am wrong, but bickell and steeger will not get traded.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 05:58 PM)
if and i mean if sharp is traded. lets see what the rtn will be.

i really don't see and i hope i am wrong, but bickell and steeger will not get traded.

If they plan on getting Oduya and Kruger back, which sounds like it once they clear space. Sharp and Bickell are both gone.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 11:59 PM)
If they plan on getting Oduya and Kruger back, which sounds like it once they clear space. Sharp and Bickell are both gone.

how, if they are not traded by now. also keep in mind what will be the rtn for them, then why are they not traded.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 06:01 PM)
how, if they are not traded by now. also keep in mind what will be the rtn for them, then why are they not traded.

Doesn't matter about the return at this point. The return is to get the 5.9 and 4.0 million cap hits off the books and have the young players take their spots.