2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)
You almost have to put their top 3 with the other 3 on pairings. Hjalmarsson with Keith is as good as it gets but TVR and Gustafsson have been pathetic & we all know Ehrhoff is only a 6.

I still don't know why Q doesn't just put Keith and Seabrook together and Hjalmarsson with either Gustafsson or TVR (or Ehrhoff). Seabrook plays his absolute best with Keith and it spreads out the defense alittle. Hawks are too thin past 2 and 4 (who both have been awful tonight themselves).

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
It's fairly easy to tell within the 1st 10 minutes of the game if they are invested or not. To be honest it gets frustrating as a fan, but after the run they have been on the last 6 years, plus the 12 game streak and still being one of the best teams in the league, it's hard to argue with it or get upset.

It seems like there have been more blowout losses this season than in the past, but yeah, I'm not worried. At some point it will catch up with them, maybe in the playoffs this spring, but until then just enjoy the ride.

You know they will be ready for the Kings on Monday.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
It seems like there have been more blowout losses this season than in the past, but yeah, I'm not worried. At some point it will catch up with them, maybe in the playoffs this spring, but until then just enjoy the ride.

You know they will be ready for the Kings on Monday.

We are fighting for first place. I'm not worried in the least. Need to clean up the PK however.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 05:01 AM)
At this point, I don't know who they will be ready for on any given night. They should have been ready tonight to be honest. But again, for anyone that watches this team on a consistent basis, it's very easy to see when they just don't seem that interested in that nights game.

Which goes back to my point I've been saying all season, the regular season results are almost meaningless. Bowman and Q have stuck to a very simple formula the last few years that have worked. The 1st half is to see what type of team this is and mix and match line combo's to see what works. Usually 1-2 guys you thought were going to make an impact don't show up (Dano comes to mind right now). Stan looks at the squad and makes adjustments. The 2nd half is to work those new guys in, and keep guys fresh for what is usually a long playoff run. Capture a decent seed for the playoffs, and take your chances.

I'd be a little worried with this team if this was the 1st time we've seen this happen. I'm not because this happens literally every year with this team.

this is an excellent analyzes ..... i never really thought of it in those terms.

i have always maintain that the this part of the season is where the coach start putting emphasis on the lines becoming one is the same sync ... so to speak.

Just got my Hawks ticket for Columbus in April. My whole family does an away game every year, but with my pursuit of moving to Arizona, I didn't get my ticket when everyone else did. But now that it's drawing nearer, I decided to go. Snagged a seat for $73 using ScoreBig. Never bought from them before, but they offered $25 off first purchase. The rest of my family paid $94 for worse seats (not much worse). Hoping to sneak over and sit with them, but either way, pretty excited!

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 01:40 PM)
In 2010, we went to a Blue Jackets game in Columbus in March. Decent arena and stadium. Pretty cookie-cutter and that cannon is so annoying.

What was more annoying was it was the Stanley Cup season, and the Hawks lost 8-3 that game. The Blue Jacket fans around us actually felt bad for us. It was awful.

Good luck :)

Of the cities we have gone to, Nashville was far and away the best city and stadium.