2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
Gona be a fun playoffs for sure. Just glad my penguins have pressed their on switch and now playing legit.

Crosby is back to being the best player in the game. Suddenly, the Easter Conference playoffs don't look like a coronation for the Caps

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 08:17 PM)
Q said "he seemed to be OK" afterwards.

What a fun game, but yet another defensive implosion. Took a little fun out of the victory.

Well that will happen when you go into a shell and start playing your bottom lines more frequently.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 08:12 AM)
Crosby is back to being the best player in the game. Suddenly, the Easter Conference playoffs don't look like a coronation for the Caps

We'll see because I still don't see their defense doing anything in a 7 game series. Tampa Bay I felt were the only team who can beat the Caps before the injuries unless Lundquist goes god mode. But.. this is the Caps were talking about too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
Yeah I know, it happens, but given some of the struggles this year, it doesn't make me feel any better.

I would agree with that. I am still very nervous about going into the playoffs this year. I would be shocked if Crawford is anywhere near 100%, even if he is playing. The PK has been awful this year, and until yesterday, the one line that had carried the team has been very quiet. Hopefully they are saving it, but an early exit wouldn't surprise me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 10:39 AM)
I would agree with that. I am still very nervous about going into the playoffs this year. I would be shocked if Crawford is anywhere near 100%, even if he is playing. The PK has been awful this year, and until yesterday, the one line that had carried the team has been very quiet. Hopefully they are saving it, but an early exit wouldn't surprise me.

They are 0-8-3 in their last 11 games against the Western Conf. playoff teams. That's a bit troubling.