2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:10 PM)
Blackhawks haven't beaten a Western Conference playoff team since January 24th. Why start now?

They beat your Stars 5-1 on February 6th, so give them some credit.

Yeah, their recent play gives you no reason to believe, but You just can't give up on a franchise that has won 10 of 11 playoff series with the one loss in Game 7 overtime.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)
3rd place b****es!!! Rest whoever you can on Saturday so we limit any more injuries. And bonuses.

As bad as Dallas kicked their ass all year, I still think the Hawks smoke them in the playoffs for some reason. And the Blues are due, but who knows. It will be decided this weekend.

Yep. Hawks get to rest and should see plenty of the Rockford Icehogs the last game. Blues and Stars both have to play their guys the last game to see who gets to play the Wild and us. It'll be interesting if Dallas chokes on the last game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:18 PM)
They beat your Stars 5-1 on February 6th, so give them some credit.

Yeah, their recent play gives you no reason to believe, but You just can't give up on a franchise that has won 10 of 11 playoff series with the one loss in Game 7 overtime.

That's not really better.

I think they can beat either potential opponent in the first round, but I'm really worried about the defense overall.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)

I think they can beat either potential opponent in the first round, but I'm really worried about the defense overall.

For sure it's better, 61 days ;)

I've been worried about the defense all year, but hey, bring it on. 3 Cups in 6 years, 5 WCF in 7 years, STL and DAL gotta beat the best to be the best. At the worst, I'll save money on playoff tickets this year. I'm done worrying, it's playoff time.

Toews & Hjalmarsson likely to rest tonight according to Q.

Panarin is 9th for forwards with 74 points, Tarasenko & Kopitar both have 73, so they both have to outscore Panarin by two tonight to avoid the bonus. Probably not gonna happen.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 01:52 PM)
The bonuses are going to cost the Hawks Shaw, if not a little more.

Shaw has 14 goals and 20 assists this year. He plays his ass off but he's not going to be worth the 4+/year Toronto will give him.

Aside from the Panarin bonus, the Kruger deal hurts a lot more. He's a great PK'er, but 3+ a year for him? Yikes.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)

You could say the same about Dallas' defense (and goaltending)

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 11:23 PM)
Shaw has 14 goals and 20 assists this year. He plays his ass off but he's not going to be worth the 4+/year Toronto will give him.

Aside from the Panarin bonus, the Kruger deal hurts a lot more. He's a great PK'er, but 3+ a year for him? Yikes.

You could say the same about Dallas' defense (and goaltending)

i too like kruger as a player and i am happy he resigned with the hawks. but his contract at close to 3.1 mil???

i don't know, maybe 2.5 mil would have been more along with i am thinking. however he did help out the hawks this yr, via the salary.....

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 08:47 PM)
He's only going to get better too. What a pickup.

From what I read about him, your typical overlooked for being too small.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 09:34 PM)
In what is probably the best situation for the Blackhawks, they play the Blues in the first round.

The team that can't win a playoff series vs the team that doesn't lose in the playoffs. I don't feel super confident but I will take the matchup.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 10, 2016 -> 08:14 AM)
Pavel Datsyuk is retiring after the playoffs and heading back to Russia to be with his family. Walking away from 7.5 million next season. Great career.

I miss being in the same conference as Detroit and playing them a ton.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
From what I read about him, your typical overlooked for being too small.

Sounds a lot like the story of a guy who just scored 106 points for us ;)

(referring to his days where he didn't make the USA youth team despite dominating competition)

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 10, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
Sounds a lot like the story of a guy who just scored 106 points for us ;)

(referring to his days where he didn't make the USA youth team despite dominating competition)

And then was the number 1 overall draft pick.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 10, 2016 -> 08:14 AM)
Pavel Datsyuk is retiring after the playoffs and heading back to Russia to be with his family. Walking away from 7.5 million next season. Great career.

I bet he earns a similar amount in the KHL, he's not done playing.

As much as I hate the Red Wings, could never really hate Datsyuk. Such a great player.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
And then was the number 1 overall draft pick.

A better comp is Jamie Benn, who was picked 127th overall by Dallas. For him, however, skating ability was in question.

Edited by AustinIllini

Here is the rest of the schedule, with television information:

Game 1: Wednesday - Blackhawks @ Blues 8:30 p.m. (NBCSN)

Game 2: Friday - Blackhawks @ Blues 7 p.m. (NBCSN)

Game 3: Sunday - Blues vs. Blackhawks 2 p.m. (NBC)

Game 4: Tues, Apr. 19 - Blues @ Blackhawks 8:30 p.m. (NBCSN)

Game 5*: Thurs, Apr. 21 - Blackhawks @ Blues TBD

Game 6*: Sat, Apr. 23 - Blues @ Blackhawks TBD

Game 7*: Mon, Apr. 25 - Blackhawks @ Blues TBD

Yay for 8:30 puck drops! :(