2015-16 NHL thread

If they took her blood and there was alcohol and they dont find any signs of struggle or date rape drugs in Kane's house this is going to get thrown out regardless of what happened. I doubt there are any injuries on the girl that dictates rape.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
I'm not saying that in the least. I've had my handful of drunk enough hookups and made some stupid decisions. Everything worked out fine. I agree 100% it's part of life.

What people are failing to see or not grasping is Kane or any other athlete with that type of target on his back has to be WAY more careful. It's not about me or anyone else being upset he had sex, who cares. What I'm pissed about is being dumb about it and putting himself in a situation where he could be accused of something like rape, because he possibly hooked up with as total stranger who he has no idea about what she is capable of.

It is like he is a high school kid, and needs someone to teach him about making good decisions.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
It is like he is a high school kid, and needs someone to teach him about making good decisions.

I wouldn't be as bad as Kane (especially if this allegation is true), but I think almost anyone of us here would have done a lot of stupid s*** too if we were handed fame and millions of dollars at 20 years old.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
I wouldn't be as bad as Kane (especially if this allegation is true), but I think almost anyone of us here would have done a lot of stupid s*** too if we were handed fame and millions of dollars at 20 years old.

Except eventually most of us would grow out of it. He was handed his first 7 figure salary 8 years ago!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
Except eventually most of us would grow out of it. He was handed his first 7 figure salary 8 years ago!

Before this incident I was kind of thinking maybe he had. What was the last publicized one? The Madison thing in 2012?

Listen, if given money, most of you would take advantage of people, assault strangers, cause your employer embarrasment, and be involved in rape investigation.

Who among us could deny that?

So the Police statement is being run with by media outlets without actually reading it. The statement says they are investigating an incident that occurred at Kane's house but didnt actually say they were investigating Kane himself. Interesting detail there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
Listen, if given money, most of you would take advantage of people, assault strangers, cause your employer embarrasment, and be involved in rape investigation.

Duh. I'd still be doing it at 26.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)

I'd definitely pull mass amounts of tail, its up to them if they want to accuse me of rape after a one night stand.

Derek Jeter has managed it quite well...how many models/actresses has he bedded?

Never one scuff on his pristine rep like Tiger or A-Rod.

Perhaps the key is dating women who are independently wealthy and high profile enough that these types of situations are more unlikely to occur. The point isn't about the sex, it's how you carry yourself on and off the field, and whether you're consistent in your behaviors.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:35 AM)
So the Police statement is being run with by media outlets without actually reading it. The statement says they are investigating an incident that occurred at Kane's house but didnt actually say they were investigating Kane himself. Interesting detail there.

Good catch, I didn't realize that.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:52 AM)
Derek Jeter has managed it quite well...how many models/actresses has he bedded?

Never one scuff on his pristine rep like Tiger or A-Rod.

Perhaps the key is dating women who are independently wealthy and high profile enough that these types of situations are more unlikely to occur. The point isn't about the sex, it's how you carry yourself on and off the field, and whether you're consistent in your behaviors.

Probably, plus he provided a really cool gift bag on their way out the door. There were also rumors that he made every girl sign an NDA and acceptance form.

QUOTE (staxx @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
Good catch, I didn't realize that.

I'd imagine Kane's PR team would be all over that already if he wasn't the target.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)
I'd imagine Kane's PR team would be all over that already if he wasn't the target.

Why say anything if I was them? It just seemed fairly deliberate to not mention him and only mention his house.

“At this time we are gathering information and awaiting forensic testing results," he said during a brief statement. "We’ll have no further comment on this investigation at this time.“

According to the Buffalo News, police investigated Kane’s home on Sunday for evidence after a woman alleged that the Chicago Blackhawks forward raped her after meeting him at a nightclub over the weekend. A rape kit was performed. Also, Roseanne Johnson, who deals with sexual assault cases and heads the Erie County District Attorney's SVU, has been assigned as the prosecutor to the case.

This might sound s***ty but let's not right away believe her version, women have been known to do this sort of thing to shake down rich celebrities.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 11:01 AM)
Why say anything if I was them? It just seemed fairly deliberate to not mention him and only mention his house.

If your client is getting talked about all over the media as the target of a rape or sexual assault investigation and you know otherwise, it seems like you'd want to get that out there.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 11:01 AM)
This might sound s***ty but let's not right away believe her version, women have been known to do this sort of thing to shake down rich celebrities.

Even if he did rape her, its the kind of date rape where the presence of alcohol and the lack of actual injuries could get it completely thrown out. Thats why date rape is horrific for victims and the law in general. Alcohol, the consent involved in following someone to their home and the lack of any real injuries makes it impossible to prosecute.

Now if he beat her or drugged her then he's toast as he should be.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
Even if he did rape her, its the kind of date rape where the presence of alcohol and the lack of actual injuries could get it completely thrown out. Thats why date rape is horrific for victims and the law in general. Alcohol, the consent involved in following someone to their home and the lack of any real injuries makes it impossible to prosecute.

Yep. It's a very difficult thing to actually prove in court (plus the rape victim has to be willing to put herself through the scrutiny she'll face at every step), and a lot of times charges might not even be brought because it'd be too hard to get a conviction.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
What seems odd to me is that why did this take so long to get out if it happened Saturday night?

One theory would be the negotiating/blackmailing conspiracy....that the woman involved didn't get a satisfactory resolution and decided to push the case forward (or her attorney, who smelled a high publicity case).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 09:03 AM)

Just cause it is difficult to prove in court, doesn't mean we should ignore putting the heat on Kane. A lot of info still has to come out, but this stance of Kane is absolutely innocent seems rather crazy. None of us know anything and until people do, the only debatable fact goes back to Kane and why he'd even put himself in this situation to begin with. As Tony points out, he should have been smarter and given his position, he needs to be.