2015-16 NHL thread

I wonder if we went back to the Duke rape case thread how many people had those players convicted due to the accusation. Because obviously it was a rape, remember. Then the facts come out and its not that. If he did rape her then he deserves jail. On the other hand if she didnt get raped maybe she deserves jail.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 02:20 AM)
If convicted I'd assume he'll serve multiple years in jail and would therefore be unable to fulfill his duties to the Blackhawks.

and he would really learned what rape is.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 04:30 AM)
I wonder if we went back to the Duke rape case thread how many people had those players convicted due to the accusation. Because obviously it was a rape, remember. Then the facts come out and its not that. If he did rape her then he deserves jail. On the other hand if she didnt get raped maybe she deserves jail.

how bout Kobe Bryant rape / sexual assault case. that is a questionable situation.

We talked about Jeter already...another example is Tom Brady.

You don't have to stop enjoying life as a professional athlete, it comes with the money/fame/power.

That said, alcohol use turning into abuse often leads to problems. Hard as it is, you have to understand the limits. Just because many things are possible to do doesn't always make them right. Then again, many athletes live on that edge of everything falling apart and enjoy the risk.

It reminds me of the story of James Hunt, the British F1 driver.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:10 PM)
If Kane has a brain, he would vet every sexual partner he has, not for the Blackhawks, but for himself.

NBC said Rocky is sad and pissed off.

But what if said girl is 17 years old possibly (which is being speculated) and is in a bar with a fake ID that says she's 20/21/22 years old? If this is the case, which has been possibly rumored, he's still guilty of statutory rape even though I don't think there's much he could do.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
But what if said girl is 17 years old possibly (which is being speculated) and is in a bar with a fake ID that says she's 20/21/22 years old? If this is the case, which has been possibly rumored, he's still guilty of statutory rape even though I don't think there's much he could do.

I do know a girl can show you a fake ID, be drinking in a bar using the fake ID, but if she is underage, you are in trouble.

There are literally thousands of hot girls who would f*** Kane without issue. He finds one where there is some sort of problem. Either he dead horsed her,she isn't of age, she said no but he continued, the day after she decided she wasn't a one night stand type of girl and was emabarrassd, she is just trying to make some money....whatever. Because he is a Blackhawk, many in Chicago think Kane is their buddy,(in reality he cares 2 s***s,about you )and backs him up. If he were a Red Wing, we would all be discussing what an awful and stupid person he is.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)

The girl is 26 years old.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 07:34 AM)
We talked about Jeter already...another example is Tom Brady.

You don't have to stop enjoying life as a professional athlete, it comes with the money/fame/power.

That said, alcohol use turning into abuse often leads to problems. Hard as it is, you have to understand the limits. Just because many things are possible to do doesn't always make them right. Then again, many athletes live on that edge of everything falling apart and enjoy the risk.

It reminds me of the story of James Hunt, the British F1 driver.

Seems like Gronk is the guy that has managed to live a crazy life without getting into trouble. I could be wrong.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
Seems like Gronk is the guy that has managed to live a crazy life without getting into trouble. I could be wrong.

A lot of these guys are living crazy lives but staying out of trouble. Troubke seems to find the same small percentage over and over again. Personally, I think one of Kane's biggest problems, if not most professional athletes' biggest problems, is his "posse". You read local Buffalo stuff about that crew, and beimg in a lot of trouble doesn't surprise a lot of people.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 04:42 PM)
A lot of these guys are living crazy lives but staying out of trouble. Troubke seems to find the same small percentage over and over again. Personally, I think one of Kane's biggest problems, if not most professional athletes' biggest problems, is his "posse". You read local Buffalo stuff about that crew, and beimg in a lot of trouble doesn't surprise a lot of people.

posse. that is the key in your post. that also include some of the teammates that are bad influences.

The woman left Kane’s home with her friend and used a cellphone to call a relative immediately after the alleged attack. She then went to a local hospital for examination, and police were called afterward, the sources said.

Pretty damning and telling, if true. Really bolsters her credibility.

But also this:

But Croce told The News that he and several of his employees noticed a young woman “hanging all over” Kane at SkyBar for at least two hours that night, putting her hands on his arms and “being very forward, very flirtatious with him.” He said he does not know the woman and does not know her name.

Looks like it's going to be your classic, he-said, she-said.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 07:39 AM)
Her on video being drunk and most likely no signs of a real attack are going to get it thrown out or settled regardless of what really happened.

However, her being drunk could also demonstrate she could not have given a valid consent. Also, being settled only is relevant to the civil side, although she could technically refuse not to cooperate after settling on some monetary figure.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 07:52 AM)
However, her being drunk could also demonstrate she could not have given a valid consent. Also, being settled only is relevant to the civil side, although she could technically refuse not to cooperate after settling on some monetary figure.

That's only if there is proof she is not awake or something similar. Being able to walk into and out of his house doesn't support that theory. It will be interesting to see the toxicology results.

if according to article, she went to his house with a girlfriend. the other girl in another room, if she was being raped, why not scream.

either way, a lot more will be coming out. it is going to be messy.

If she called a relative right away, she wasn't too drunk for consent. I wonder what the bite marks were about. If she did get raped, I feel bad for her because her story is going to get shredded. If it was her that was all over him at the bar, if she did go to his house at 4 AM with the friend, and deciding to ditch her friend in the house to go into another room alone are all going to hurt her case.

It is the stereotypical raped case. The alleged victim will be put on trial.

Edited by Dick Allen

the season will be starting, depending on what point fans will look at. ref season sometime around oct 9 +/-. spring training games sept 22 +/-

so from now, until spring training games, the hawks are not in a good situations.

Kruger is still unsigned.

according to cap sport tac the hawks are 900 K over the cap

some players are still on the team bickell and steeger that i can figure on what the hawks wanted to get rid off.

my question, beside many, how are the hawks set at the dman spot ???