2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
No, I'm just more honest than you guys.

If we are really going to talk about how this might impact us all, however it impacts Kane's career and the Blackhawks is *the only* impact it will have upon us.

No one ever said different. But the day that my first thought in a rape case is "how will this impact the salary cap" is a day I never want to get to.

But then again this is a strawman because no one said it effected them personally.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
i am just stating a fact. it is his own personal business....

how am i violating his privacy act.... do you even know what you are talking about??? b/c you are digging up 2 different situation and definition to justify your comment.

and ref to the bold, no you are not, you have been doing the one sentence comment

You are speculating about a potential suspension in a case we don't even have a fraction of the details in, and that is respecting Kane's privacy? Please.

and again you are trying to deep up useless comments to form a thought to justify your comments.

btw, it is obvious i am talking about hockey and the hawks salary cap issues. i am also stating, which i have done before, about hockey still needs to go on.

until the world know what is happening, that does not stop the nhl from going on. until the hawks org knows what is happening in kane world, hockey still needs to go on.

now try to spin doctor that for your own little world of justifying everything.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)
No one ever said different. But the day that my first thought in a rape case is "how will this impact the salary cap" is a day I never want to get to.

But then again this is a strawman because no one said it effected them personally.

And no one said it must be your first thought.

But let's face it, we are discussing this in an NHL thread on a sports message board, not on a rape victim's forum or something. I think it's perfectly within reason to think about the effects this might have on the Blackhawks - something much more pertinent and relevant to all of us in this thread than discussing the impacts to a woman none of us will ever know.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
You are speculating about a potential suspension in a case we don't even have a fraction of the details in, and that is respecting Kane's privacy? Please.

again, all i asked, if i remember >>>

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)
yeah you are prob right in this. i am trying to go that extra mile not to form any opinion.

on a side note, do you think he will be put on administrative leave pending legal investigation?

if the hawks doesn't fix the salary cap now, they can use the AL as a temp fix, sign kuger and trade whom ever.

if you want to quote me, at least try to use the exact piece.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 07:24 PM)

But let's face it, we are discussing this in an NHL thread on a sports message board, not on a rape victim's forum or something. I think it's perfectly within reason to think about the effects this might have on the Blackhawks - something much more pertinent and relevant to all of us in this thread than discussing the impacts to a woman none of us will ever know.

thanks

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)

Have at it. I have no interest in it right now. Maybe if/once Kane sees a punishment, but not when we don't even know what exactly happened.

The best thing that can come out of this isn't salary cap relief, it would be for some people to see this and learn a lesson.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 07:28 PM)
Have at it. I have no interest in it right now. Maybe if/once Kane sees a punishment, but not when we don't even know what exactly happened.

The best thing that can come out of this isn't salary cap relief, it would be for some people to see this and learn a lesson.

very true from a ethical / morals point of view.

i am with you on this.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 12:28 PM)

And I don't care if you have interest.

However, it's not as if some posters have disinterest and simply ignore the discussion. Rather, they feign outrage and pass judgment.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
again, all i asked, if i remember >>>

if you want to quote me, at least try to use the exact piece.

That was your exact quote. You were speculating about a suspension, salary cap relief, and resigning Kruger... along with maybe someone else, all for an incident the police aren't even done investigating.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)
That was your exact quote. You were speculating about a suspension, salary cap relief, and resigning Kruger... along with maybe someone else, all for an incident the police aren't even done investigating.

and i already posted my link to it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
And I don't care if you have interest.

However, it's not as if some posters have disinterest and simply ignore the discussion. Rather, they feign outrage and pass judgment.

Because you aren't passing judgement or anything... Outrage at outrage, is still outrage.

And yes, I think if we as a society have gotten to the point where a sports teams standing is more important than a rape case, we should all be outraged. If you feel the need to judge me for that, please do. I am perfectly comfortable with that as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
Because you aren't passing judgement or anything... Outrage at outrage, is still outrage.

And yes, I think if we as a society have gotten to the point where a sports teams standing is more important than a rape case, we should all be outraged. If you feel the need to judge me for that, please do. I am perfectly comfortable with that as well.

This thread has gotten outrageous.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 05:24 PM)
Patrick Kane has dug his own grave in the court of public opinion with his history of stupidity off of the ice. In a case like this, there usually isn't much hard evidence to come out, so waiting for that moment of clarity will probably never happen.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 06:38 PM)
Who cares. For myself, if I ever get to the point where I care about salary cap implications more than a rape, I have failed myself. The allegations are what they are, but I have no interest in taking that and trying to turn it into how does this hurt/benefit my team.

not once in these post did you state your outrage on this.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)

I'm not outraged at all. I'd simply prefer to not be insulted for caring about how this affects Patrick Kane and the Blackhawks.

I also find it ironic how those feigning the outrage also tend to be the ones passing the most judgment upon everyone.

Apparently continuously judging others is one of the few actions that does not deserve their own condemnation.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
I'm not outraged at all. I'd simply prefer to not be insulted for caring about how this affects Patrick Kane and the Blackhawks.

I also find it ironic how those feigning the outrage also tend to be the ones passing the most judgment upon everyone.

Apparently continuously judging others is one of the few actions that does not deserve their own condemnation.

Feel free to continue judging.