2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 06:33 PM)
If someone else had written this, I could take it seriously. With Dan Bernstein's history, no way.

Ironically, media members like him tweeting about a female colleagues breasts are part of the rape culture he so strongly takes a stand against.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 08:40 PM)
Ironically, media members like him tweeting about a female colleagues breasts are part of the rape culture he so strongly takes a stand against.

He's done that at least two or three times.

That said, he hasn't yet done the equivalent of Jay Mariotti, either.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
So as someone who doesn't live in Chicago, is it fair to presume we're talking about Bernstein referencing a reporter's "giant boobs"?

He also got a lot of s*** for making a comment about A local weather girl hooking up with Patrick Sharp

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
He also got a lot of s*** for making a comment about A local weather girl hooking up with Patrick Sharp

Ahh. Well, while he is a doucher, I'm not quite prepared to say he is "contributing to the rape culture."

Let's not take all the fun out of life, now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 09:24 PM)
What was the allegation or charge with Wil Cordero (pre-dating) when he played for the Sox?

Can't think of many similar examples, other than Belle and D'Angelo Jimenez.

Steroids/peds use can't really be equated here, although some fans are equally offended I suppose.

What did Jimenez do, besides being a lazy moron? And for the record, I couldn't stand Belle or Cordero.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)
Ahh. Well, while he is a doucher, I'm not quite prepared to say he is "contributing to the rape culture."

Let's not take all the fun out of life, now.

Maybe that's a bit excessive, it's still so hypocritical to be putting down female colleagues in your male-dominated industry, then turning around and being moral authority #1 on meatheads in these cases.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 09:03 AM)
Maybe that's a bit excessive, it's still so hypocritical to be putting down female colleagues in your male-dominated industry, then turning around and being moral authority #1 on meatheads in these cases.

Bernstein reminds me a lot of Bill Maher at times--huge blowhard who will sneer at and shout down anyone and everything, but also a huge asshole himself with plenty of his own crappy personality traits, words and actions.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 07:13 AM)
Bernstein reminds me a lot of Bill Maher at times--huge blowhard who will sneer at and shout down anyone and everything, but also a huge asshole himself with plenty of his own crappy personality traits, words and actions.

I think the latter is sort of a prerequisite for the former.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 12:37 PM)
Unless she wants to accuse someone of kidnapping too, I don't see that as relevant at all. She us a grown woman and made the decision to go there.

I think the spin will be that if she didn't even want to be there, they can't sell the typical "she wanted it" line as part of any potential defense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)
I think the spin will be that if she didn't even want to be there, they can't sell the typical "she wanted it" line as part of any potential defense.

Makes me wonder if the girl the guy that owned the bar said was all over Kane, was the friend.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)
I think all "leaks" from here until a charge or police report is provided will end up being very likely to be false.

Like this one?

Scott LevinVerified account

‏@ScottLevinWGRZ

A source close to the #PatKane rape allegations tells me absolutely NO settlement talks are taking place at this time. @WGRZ

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
Makes me wonder if the girl the guy that owned the bar said was all over Kane, was the friend.

Let me get this straight:

Girl 1 "all over" Kane at the bar, really wants to go back to Kane's place.

Girl 2 friend of Girl 1, doesn't want to go back to Kane's at all, does anyway to keep Girl 1 company, is allegedly raped.

Where was Girl 1 where said rape was taking place? Why was police called during incident?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 05:12 AM)
From the stories out there, his friends seem to have an extra negative influence on him. (Not a defense of Kane, just a general observation )

Well think about it...you are a normal dude in every way except you happened to have grown up as a childhood friend of Patrick Kane.

Your life is still fairly ordinary, except on those nights when you get to be part of Kane's entourage. On those nights, you get in wherever you want to go, you get attention from women you would never get attention from, etc.

If they truly had his best interests at heart, they would ensure he stays out of trouble. My guess is though, the alcohol starts flowing, they are having the time of their lives, and they forget about the best interests of Patrick Kane. On those nights, they have the best interests of themselves in mind.

I can only imagine the kinds of trouble I would get into if I was friends with someone like Patrick Kane, let alone if I was Patrick Kane...