6/26 at Detroit Tigers

flavum

Quintana vs Sanchez

Some math for Caulfield...

90 games left. The Sox would have to play .600 ball the rest of the season to finish 86-76....and that might win the second wildcard this year.

So yeah, the Sox are out of it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must win game today with Danks pitching tomorrow & us facing Price on Sunday.

I think you give this team until the All-Star break before making any trades (would make some internal changes). That gives you 15 more games to evaluate on. If the team can win 10 games in that time period and the offense looks better, hold off on trades until closer to the deadline. If not, start working on a Shark trade during the break. He's a guy that should be moved early if we decide to sell.

Anibal Sanchez , #19 RHP

6-7, 4.59 ERA, 88 SO

Though Sanchez saw his scoreless streak end at 21 2/3 innings with two home runs, he still has given up just three runs over 23 2/3 innings in his last three outings, all of them victories. He has been tougher at Comerica Park.

Jose Quintana , #62 LHP

3-7, 3.92 ERA, 73 SO

Quintana posted his 10th quality start last time out, allowing two runs and five hits across seven innings, but picked up another no-decision. The White Sox average 2.21 runs of support per his start -- the lowest among all qualified MLB starters.

With the way he looked in yesterday's game and a righty on the mound tonight...I would 100% give Jose Abreu the day off. He'll probably come out and get 5 hits based on me saying this, but I'd do the "tell him last night to sleep in today and you're not even going to pinch hit unless it goes 10 innings or someone gets hurt" routine and completely give him the day off.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 1h1 hour ago

Conor Gillaspie going through some early defensive drills under Joe McEwing's guidance here at Comerica Park

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 1h1 hour ago

Gillaspie, Flowers, McEwing out for early work.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 1h1 hour ago

Conor Gillaspie going through some early defensive drills under Joe McEwing's guidance here at Comerica Park

Gillaspie, Flowers, Ramirez, Garcia, Abreu, Eaton, Cabrera McEwing out for early work.

Should be

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
ScoMerkin ‏@scottmerkin 1h1 hour ago

Gillaspie, Flowers, McEwing out for early work.

I love how this is reported as news like its something worth noting when this should have been going on since April.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
With the way he looked in yesterday's game and a righty on the mound tonight...I would 100% give Jose Abreu the day off. He'll probably come out and get 5 hits based on me saying this, but I'd do the "tell him last night to sleep in today and you're not even going to pinch hit unless it goes 10 innings or someone gets hurt" routine and completely give him the day off.

5 ks is his last 6 abs, seems to be really feeling for the ball.

5/8 against Sanchez, though. That's why he's in there tonight.