6/26 at Detroit Tigers

flavum

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
That was a joke of a managed inning in my book...

Beckham should have tried to bunt at least twice.

Squeeze with Sanchez?

Sorry I can't wait for this guy to go away.

Game winning hit yesterday.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)
1 time whoopee s***.

I know you're mad but blame Ventura for having him do something like that. (pssssttt he was one at bat short on who should have executed properly) I rather him just swing away there.

QUOTE (lilnicky @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
I was listening to Tigers broadcast on XM radio the announcer's couldn't believe that Beckham wasn't bunting to move Garcia....enough with this team's stupidity!!

Wan't Robin an idiot for playing for a tie on the road earlier this season when a bunt in a similar situation failed?

Have we ever had a single minor leaguer come up and execute a sac bunt in a key situation?

If slappy middle infielders can't even do it, there's no prayer for anyone else.

Ventura's decision-making the last two innings didn't help. Where was Putnam? Why is it assumed Duke matches up equally well with righties and lefties?

For an offense that's only scored 50 in their previous 20...with the bottom of the order up, you have to think tie more than big inning, and that the Sox bullpen can beat the Tigers' pen eventually.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 09:12 PM)
Have we ever had a single minor leaguer come up and execute a sac bunt in a key situation?

If slappy middle infielders can't even do it, there's no prayer for anyone else.

Ventura's decision-making the last two innings didn't help. Where was Putnam? Why is it assumed Duke matches up equally well with righties and lefties?

It certainly wasn't a suicide squeeze. High fastballs are hard to bunt. He should have let that one go. I think a young guy hitting .150 probably was too impatient. Hopefully he will learn from this.

And if you look at his splits the last 2 seasons, it would be assumed Duke matches up pretty equally with batters from bith sides of the plate.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 09:12 PM)

For an offense that's only scored 50 in their previous 20...with the bottom of the order up, you have to think tie more than big inning, and that the Sox bullpen can beat the Tigers' pen eventually.

this

KW the loud mouth was quoted today saying about Ventura: "As a matter of fact he's gotten better and more adept in a lot of situations". He basically said in the Tribune interview it's not the coaching staff fault....again. Who's the GM? I thought it was a guy named Rick Hahn?

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 03:46 AM)
yeah at this moment all of them are saying how its no on the coaching...

Is it ALL on the coaching ?

Of course not... but you can expect to see more bad baseball for the next two years at least.

an interesting idea..... so on anyone opinion, how much of that will be on the coaches???

now, this season is toward the end of a bad domino effect of screw ups.

so when it mattered, in the beginning of the season, how much of failure was the coaches fault??