Sox @ St. Louis

Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 11:51 PM)
Yep, I will be at both games probably when the gates open

Going to both also. Probably not that early. We will meet up in Soulard for a few drinks and take a shuttle. They are giving away a replica 1982 World Series trophy on Tuesday.

I've read that visiting teams' BP starts about 90 minutes before game time.

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 01:14 AM)
Going to both also. Probably not that early. We will meet up in Soulard for a few drinks and take a shuttle. They are giving away a replica 1982 World Series trophy on Tuesday.

I've read that visiting teams' BP starts about 90 minutes before game time.

Yeah on Tuesdays there will be lines that last probably 20-30 min to get in to the park because of the giveaway. By the time you get in BP might be done unless you get in line early. Wednesday will be a lot easier to get in and catch BP and get some autographs from the guys

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
Enjoy being surrounded by the best fans in baseball. If you don't believe me, just ask then, they will be sure to tell you

Last month I witnessed them start the wave in the 8th inning when the Cubs had the tying run come to the plate. Can only imagine how this series will go.

But yes Ballpark Village is a great time but f*** the Cards and their fans.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 06:01 PM)
You think Sox tickets are expensive what did you expect? lol

Anyone going should head up early and hang around in Ballpark Village. Really cool area for Cards fans.

I have gone to a lot of Cardinals games with family and friends before. I usually can get bleacher seats from $8-15 dollars a piece off stubhub. They are giving away a replica 1982 World Series Statue on Tuesday and has driven the prices up quite a bit for a Tuesday night.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 08:32 PM)
Last month I witnessed them start the wave in the 8th inning when the Cubs had the tying run come to the plate. Can only imagine how this series will go.

But yes Ballpark Village is a great time but f*** the Cards and their fans.

I hate the damn wave and hate the whole "baseball heaven" "best fans in baseball" s***.

I hope Sale goes in there and strikes out 14 while allowing 3 hits or less

Edited by BigHurt3515

The White Sox probably will split this series... but..

Pretty good case of How it's done and How it's not done in the business of MLB in just about ever facet of the game.

The Cardinals seem like they could pitch Steve Stone out of the booth and win.

They just have it figured out top to bottom in their organization.

I am going on Wednesday night. This will be my first visit to the new Busch Stadium. But I did attend a game at the previous Busch stadium in the early 90's before the playing surface was changed from astroturf to natural grass.

I know that the Cardinals are very popular and have a huge local following in their area. Does anyone think that cheap, walk-up tickets will be available at the stadium box office? I plan on getting to the Busch Stadium around 5PM, and I am concerned that the game could sell-out.

I used to go on Sox road trips all the time. Cincy, KC, Pittsburgh, etc. It just isn't fun for me anymore. Working in hotels, I can get those with a discount or sometimes complimentary but gas is expensive and most teams' tickets are pricey. If I'm going to get 3-4 days off of work and spend $400+ I'd rather go somewhere nice and relax. Plus, aside from Sale and Abreu, they really have nobody exciting to play, and when you plan these, you have no idea if you'll even see Sale pitch.

If I started going on them again, I probably would pick Seattle, Anaheim, or Boston & would never go to St Louis. I've been twice, and the city is a dump. Fried ravioli is garbage and the Arch isn't even a monument. The Mississippi River is brown and the people wear jorts. /endrant

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (InTheDriversSeat @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
I am going on Wednesday night. This will be my first visit to the new Busch Stadium. But I did attend a game at the previous Busch stadium in the early 90's before the playing surface was changed from astroturf to natural grass.

I know that the Cardinals are very popular and have a huge local following in their area. Does anyone think that cheap, walk-up tickets will be available at the stadium box office? I plan on getting to the Busch Stadium around 5PM, and I am concerned that the game could sell-out.

I haven't tried it but I don't think they would be cheap. It won't be any cheaper then what is on stub hub or seatgeek right now

Edited by BigHurt3515

Should be a fun series. What happens when an (on paper) great team (Cards) plays an (on paper) horrific team (White Sox)? Is it like the Houston series where we somehow win? Or is it like a normal series where we play just well enough to lose on some nights and get blown out others with the only common denominator the loss?