Sox @ St. Louis

Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 01:31 PM)
If anybody is going for drinks before the game, I would recommend Flying Saucer over Ballpark Village. 900 Spruce, about 1 block west of the stadium.

I was there last month. I also was at the Ballpark Village. Leonard Zelig is correct.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
I used to go on Sox road trips all the time. Cincy, KC, Pittsburgh, etc. It just isn't fun for me anymore. Working in hotels, I can get those with a discount or sometimes complimentary but gas is expensive and most teams' tickets are pricey. If I'm going to get 3-4 days off of work and spend $400+ I'd rather go somewhere nice and relax. Plus, aside from Sale and Abreu, they really have nobody exciting to play, and when you plan these, you have no idea if you'll even see Sale pitch.

If I started going on them again, I probably would pick Seattle, Anaheim, or Boston & would never go to St Louis. I've been twice, and the city is a dump. Fried ravioli is garbage and the Arch isn't even a monument. The Mississippi River is brown and the people wear jorts. /endrant

This is exactly me. I've managed hotels for 10 years and travel to KC, St. Louis and make trips to U.S Cellular a few times a year...I can't spend another dollar this year even though I can get rooms for $39 or cheaper.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
This is exactly me. I've managed hotels for 10 years and travel to KC, St. Louis and make trips to U.S Cellular a few times a year...I can't spend another dollar this year even though I can get rooms for $39 or cheaper.

You can hook a brother up :)