6/28 at Detroit Tigers

flavum

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:25 PM)
Hey, going out to a baseball game is still a fun day. You just have to go expecting that the team will lose and not be mad if they do.

And there should be plenty of cheap season ticket seats on StubHub

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)
From watching the game it turned so quickly that I don't think they had anyone ready to come in until after Miggy's at bat. That's a comment on both the preparation of the coaching staff and just the reality of how it went.

He was pitching to VMart with 108 pitches and it would have been a really good place to bring in Petricka to try to get the GIDP.

That's what it felt like to me -- everyone was caught off guard.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
In Ventura's defense, it's really difficult to have confidence in the pen lately. It's starting to look like last year.

Of everything said on this thread, this would be the only justification for rolling the dice and going with the starter. Our pen has become very awful recently.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 09:46 PM)
From watching the game it turned so quickly that I don't think they had anyone ready to come in until after Miggy's at bat. That's a comment on both the preparation of the coaching staff and just the reality of how it went.

He was pitching to VMart with 108 pitches and it would have been a really good place to bring in Petricka to try to get the GIDP.

That's all I could think of too. You have a fellow pitching that is a #1 or #2 starter on about any team and it's like with the snap of a finger he disintegrated.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
That win might again wake up the Tigers. Just as the Sox wake up the Indians and Twins. What a disgusting baseball team. How could anybody in their right mind pay to go to a Sox game the rest of the season? I'd puke handing over the money for parking or a 10 dollar burger at this point.

I'm going on the 4th for my Jenks bobble head. I'll go a few more times. I like watching Sale, Q, and Rodon pitch in person. And it'll be cheap. And nobody will be there. My summer tradition pretty much.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
this is starting to, for me, is the reason why RV needs to go.

why wasn't the pen being active at the 6 inning or the start of the 7.

take out Jeff earlier. who is the manager, who cares if Jeff didn't want to come out.

Peavy pushed him around too. Just not a leader.

Please follow Ryno's lead. RV, and let's just agree that it didn't work out.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
In Ventura's defense, it's really difficult to have confidence in the pen lately. It's starting to look like last year.

it doesn't matter, RV is the boss, he should have had the pen warming up in the 6 and bring in a rp in the 7.

the #1 pitcher or even the #2 sp of any rotation, needs to have a rp / cl come in.... better yet, how many pitchers fully pitched a complete game???

those kind of complete games is from another era.

i remember when it was understood, at a certain inning, a rp will be coming in.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
Peavy pushed him around too. Just not a leader.

Please follow Ryno's lead. RV, and let's just agree that it didn't work out.

just like Sale did last yr.

for those who want to say, this is but 1 game.

this is the problem that has been finally magnified for all to see.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
just like Sale did last yr.

for those who want to say, this is but 1 game.

this is the problem that has been finally magnified for all to see.

Hopefully the object is to showcase Shark and get his value up.

Well, Marcus Semien just had his 23rd error (at a position we weren't even planning to play him). He also came 2 feet from hitting the first homer since 2013 against Wade Davis, so there's that.

And Seattle, the Red Sox, Marlins, Orioles, etc., are disappointing too, blah blah blah.

If anyone was holding onto the idea of the White Sox competing this season, that ending pretty much put the kibosh to those thoughts...especially with the Cardinals next.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 10:43 PM)
Hopefully the object is to showcase Shark and get his value up.

you do have a point.

but under the circumstances, RV still could have pull him on top of the 7 when the score was a great reflection of what Jeff can do.

so as it is, he has 3 extra earn runs added to his yrly stats.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)
That's all I could think of too. You have a fellow pitching that is a #1 or #2 starter on about any team and it's like with the snap of a finger he disintegrated.

With a 4 run lead and the 8th inning/>90 pitches, someone ought to have been warming up to start the inning just in case. With that pitch count he wasn't likely to take the full 9th inning especially when Cabrera would have been up in the 9th even if the 8th was an easy inning. Warming a guy up to start the 8th would have been a smart precaution and the pitcher would almost certainly have been used in the 9th if Samardzija had an easy inning.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
this is starting to, for me, is the reason why RV needs to go.

why wasn't the pen being active at the 6 inning or the start of the 7.

take out Jeff earlier. who is the manager, who cares if Jeff didn't want to come out.

Uhh, didn't Jeff have like 90 pitches going into the 8th? Why would the pen be up in the 6th or even the 7th.

Admittedly I missed the 5th 6th and 7th, was he starting to get roughed up before the 8th or something?

Edit looking at the play by play... He gave up 2 hits in 7 innings and was under 100 pitches going into the 8th. Why on earth are you complaining about the bullpen nit being up in the 6th or 7th. Thats just beyond silly.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
Uhh, didn't Jeff have like 90 pitches going into the 8th? Why would the pen be up in the 6th or even the 7th.

Admittedly I missed the 5th 6th and 7th, was he starting to get roughed up before the 8th or something?

Edit looking at the play by play... He gave up 2 hits in 7 innings and was under 100 pitches going into the 8th. Why on earth are you complaining about the bullpen nit being up in the 6th or 7th. Thats just beyond silly.

I thought it was a clear mistake when Robin took out Sale.

I kind of don't care as much as I did even a week ago... but yeah Jeff was starting to crumble, but it was much more of a toss up for Robin.

However in this case I'm not sure any bull pen pitchers could have saved it... BUT

Why not Roberston? Save chance and not his runners on base.

Edited by harkness