6/28 at Detroit Tigers

flavum

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to go through the lineup 3-4 times in MLB. I don't blame Shark. It's not easy nowadays baby.

Did you see the item where some teams are removing their starters after 80 or so pitches just so he doesn't go through a lineup 3 times?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
What a freaking joke. Should have never been left in to face Kinsler. How does a Robin continue to keep his job?

KW in interview Friday said Ventura is not going anywhere and is improving greatly as a manager. Again KW and not Hahn doing the talking tells me all I need to know Hahn is the straw man.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
Only we would keep a starter in who loads the bases in the 8th inning with 0 outs. There only are a few pitchers I would keep in for a situation like that and Jeff is not one of them

I felt after he hit the batter he should be removed. Leave him in til he gives up a run. Though he did come back and whiff Miggy after that I believe. Hard call with these aces. Guys like Shark, Verlander, Sale don't like to be taken out. They are ornery about it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
I felt after he hit the batter he should be removed. Leave him in til he gives up a run. Though he did come back and whiff Miggy after that I believe. Hard call with these aces. Guys like Shark, Verlander, Sale don't like to be taken out. They are ornery about it.

Samardzija isn't close to being an ace

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)

Shark isn't even in the same zip code as Sale and Verlander. He's never been an ace. Never.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 02:54 PM)

Jeff is not an ace. Like I said only a few pitchers should stay in with a scenario like that. It doesn't matter if they don't want to be taken out, that is why we have a manager

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
Jeff is not an ace. Like I said only a few pitchers should stay in with a scenario like that. It doesn't matter if they don't want to be taken out, that is why we have a manager

But the Shark Cage!

Of course he's an ace. ;)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
What a freaking joke. Should have never been left in to face Kinsler. How does a Robin continue to keep his job?

FWIW, I'm pretty sure they didn't have any relievers ready when Kinsler came up. I think the earliest they woudl have had someone ready was Martinez. (No that is not a defense of the manager).

Or....or...it's Don Cooper's fault.

Remember, we don't know who the hell runs the pitching staff.

The White Sox way--make sure you spin the blame around, and then land on the players.

Edited by flavum