7/1 - White Sox at Cardinals

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 12:28 AM)
Tyler Flowers!

Guys you can mock me, but Tyler Flowers has talent. He must be a headcase or something because he has a beautiful stroke the rare occasions he gets hold of one. Seven homers now. He's gonna hit 15 to 20 bombs again. How come he can't learn to hit .275? He'd be an all star.

They should still DFA him tonight

Flowers is so damned streaky.

Somehow, I have a feeling we won't have a Flowers "contract extension" thread quite yet. We've all been down this road before with guys like Tyler and Gordon.

As Greg says, at the end of the year he'll be around 12-18 homers, and that's not terrible for a catcher in today's run-averse environment.

On the other hand, I'm not sure he's as strong a leader as this clubhouse probably needs, either. But, then again, we can only go by perception. Year after year, people complained about Jon Garland's demeanor, yet he was one of the key cogs in that 2005 starting rotation.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 12:28 AM)
Tyler Flowers!

Guys you can mock me, but Tyler Flowers has talent. He must be a headcase or something because he has a beautiful stroke the rare occasions he gets hold of one. Seven homers now. He's gonna hit 15 to 20 bombs again. How come he can't learn to hit .275? He'd be an all star.

No! I know it is late but come on.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (AJUribe @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 06:02 AM)
This seems like a good "building block" series. Long season, royals are on top and l feel they're about to fold. This team and the tribe l think are about to go on a tear.

See, you cannot EVER believe in this team. And I "kind of" blame that on Robin. Because this team is so fricking bizarre you just know it's gonna get owned anytime it plays a Central Division team and it'll just drop 5-6 in a row for the hell of it. I'll never believe in this team till it does it for a long, long period of time sadly. Nice to see 'em win, though.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 06:32 AM)
They should still DFA him tonight

He's a perfect backup catcher and he might thrive with a better organization/hitting coach, etc. There is ability there. I've seen it.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 06:34 AM)
No! I know it is late but come on.

The guy is gonna hit 15-20 homers for the second straight year. That's good numbers, certainly worthy of being a backup at the worst; maybe a starter with proper development. He's hit some majestic bombs as a member of the Sox. His best drive was that one barely foul that one time on the road, I forget the stadium. My god it was deep.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 12:39 AM)
See, you cannot EVER believe in this team. And I "kind of" blame that on Robin. Because this team is so fricking bizarre you just know it's gonna get owned anytime it plays a Central Division team and it'll just drop 5-6 in a row for the hell of it. I'll never believe in this team till it does it for a long, long period of time sadly. Nice to see 'em win, though.

He's a perfect backup catcher and he might thrive with a better organization/hitting coach, etc. There is ability there. I've seen it.

The guy is gonna hit 15-20 homers for the second straight year. That's good numbers, certainly worthy of being a backup at the worst; maybe a starter with proper development. He's hit some majestic bombs as a member of the Sox. His best drive was that one barely foul that one time on the road, I forget the stadium. My god it was deep.

Let's pump the breaks on him hitting 15-20 home runs. We are nearly half way through the season and he has 7 with 2 coming the last 2 nights

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 12:39 AM)

Big difference between backup catcher and ALL STAR. Flowers is under .100 now with bases loaded career wise. He is a backup catcher at best.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 06:40 AM)
Let's pump the breaks on him hitting 15-20 home runs. We are nearly half way through the season and he has 7 with 2 coming the last 2 nights

He hit 15 last year in 442 PA's. This year he has seven in 172 appearances. He still stinks but he's close to being acceptable.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 06:42 AM)
Big difference between backup catcher and ALL STAR. Flowers is under .100 now with bases loaded career wise. he is a backup catcher at best.

Yeah, but I still say there's talent in that 29 year old body. Too bad it wasn't tapped properly. Don't know if it's his fault or whose fault. But he has hitting ability. He's probably a mental midget.

Edited by greg775

Too bad it's not a balanced schedule like the old days. The Sox might be a .500 team if they could play everybody an equal number of times instead of getting owned by the same ol opponents.

That's not a very nice comment, as it's stereotyping all Cardinals fans when very few of us actually possess the sort of arrogance to go out and call ourselves that.

Good job White Sox. If a team's pitching is better than ours—hard to achieve—then they've probably got us beat, because offense isn't this team's thing.

QUOTE (CardinalsFan @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 06:39 AM)
Good job White Sox. If a team's pitching is better than ours—hard to achieve—then they've probably got us beat, because offense isn't this team's thing.

Thanks. I think what happened these two games is ... baseball. Totally unpredictable cause you have a great team record wise and our team blows.

I don't know if anybody noticed but late in the game it was 2-1 and Hawk said something like, "They could easily score and Q gets another no decision." Sox have programmed all Sox fans to expect the worse this year. I think even Hawk was pleasantly surprised we won.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (CardinalsFan @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 01:39 AM)
That's not a very nice comment, as it's stereotyping all Cardinals fans when very few of us actually possess the sort of arrogance to go out and call ourselves that.

If it's any consolation, I would gladly exchange offenses with the Cardinals.