Royals fan/writer wants them to get Quintana

knightni

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
?

Post season rosters aren't set until August 31.

What I should have said is that he would have to pass through waivers first (in August), which theoretically could be blocked....so there's no guarantee of getting him onto the post-season roster unless you trade for him before the deadline July 31st.

The other issue that Quintana would become the Royals' ace. So in that sense, one might demand and ace's price.

Royals have a horrible rotation. Their pen is great, but might succumb to the pressure and over-work. Wouldn't surprise me if the Twins take this division.

Meanwhile, Royals look like a team to do business with.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 08:53 AM)
The other issue that Quintana would become the Royals' ace. So in that sense, one might demand and ace's price.

Royals have a horrible rotation. Their pen is great, but might succumb to the pressure and over-work. Wouldn't surprise me if the Twins take this division.

Also, trading a great pitcher within division should drive price up.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 08:53 AM)

It would surprise me a great deal. They're terrible. The Twins will end up with less than 80 wins. Their hot start was totally inflated by an out of this world batting average with RISP. It was, and has been, totally unsustainable. Unless Sano comes up mashes 25 homers and hits .300, and Santana comes back as an ace, and Buxton comes back in August and looks much better than he did in his 40 at bats, this is still a very bad team.

I'd be less surprised to see the Sox pass the Twins than the Twins win the division. And this is coming from someone who lives in Minneapolis and has watched a sizable number of Twins games.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 10:43 AM)
It would surprise me a great deal. They're terrible. The Twins will end up with less than 80 wins. Their hot start was totally inflated by an out of this world batting average with RISP. It was, and has been, totally unsustainable. Unless Sano comes up mashes 25 homers and hits .300, and Santana comes back as an ace, and Buxton comes back in August and looks much better than he did in his 40 at bats, this is still a very bad team.

I'd be less surprised to see the Sox pass the Twins than the Twins win the division. And this is coming from someone who lives in Minneapolis and has watched a sizable number of Twins games.

Their run differential in games not against the White Sox is pretty bad too. We've made them look better than they are.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)

if Q is avail, i think many teams would be interested esp in that contract vs talent level.

so put the price out there via different rtn based on the team. let them all bid against each other and take the best rtn based on the teams asking price.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 02:17 AM)
What I should have said is that he would have to pass through waivers first (in August), which theoretically could be blocked....so there's no guarantee of getting him onto the post-season roster unless you trade for him before the deadline July 31st.

If Alexei Ramirez is put on waivers and claimed so that some team picks up his buyout and his remaining $4 million or so for this season so that the White Sox don't have to pay any of it....I'd imagine the White Sox would let him go.