White Sox Make July 2nd Signings

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
I would assume that the penalties are going to carry over to the international draft?

That is going to be interesting. With so many teams over, they aren't going to vote for penalties. I would assume there will be none.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:45 AM)
That is going to be interesting. With so many teams over, they aren't going to vote for penalties. I would assume there will be none.

Exactly why 2016 is the year to break the bank. Its been said to be a stronger class too

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 10:19 AM)
Out of curiosity, would people have preferred spending at the cap last 3 years and going all out next year, or going over the past 3 years and then sitting out the next 2?

For me it depends on if they can sign Eddy Martinez. If you can, you go for it this year with signings. If not, you stay under and load up for next year when the heavy hitters are outl.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
For me it depends on if they can sign Eddy Martinez. If you can, you go for it this year with signings. If not, you stay under and load up for next year when the heavy hitters are outl.

I can agree to that. I can see the advantage of cleaning up next year when half of the main competition is gone. But would have loved Guerrero against all odds.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)
I can agree to that. I can see the advantage of cleaning up next year when half of the main competition is gone. But would have loved Guerrero against all odds.

From the rumors before, signing Guerrero alone would have busted their pool for this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
From the rumors before, signing Guerrero alone would have busted their pool for this year.

I'm not as high on him as most people are, I think he has maxed out frame.

someone posted about the possibility of these 16 yo kids making it.

the point is a.) there is no way to tell who will make it, as there is no way to tell which drafted player in the regular draft makes it.

b.) you key on the talent of the player|s|

c.) you sign a bunch of these players in hope that some may develop.

that is the key, sign all you can when the scout thinks the draft is talented and then you hope for the best.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
Watching a Vine on him, he has his dads swing, whether that is good or bad... who knows.

Well, I know his name so he must be the best player ever!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)
Phil Rogers ‏@philgrogers 7m7 minutes ago

Dodgers spent $16 million on Cuban P Yadier Alvarez. There's an ongoing dogfight for Cuban OF Eddy Julio Martinez, the top-rated prospect.

Lots of speculation it's either Dodgers or Cubs

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 12:48 PM)
How do anyone of those teams continue to have money to sign all these international guys

Yes, could someone please explain how this works? The Dodgers outspend everyone every year and so do the Cubs. I thought there were caps. The Cubs keep stockpiling their minors.