O's @ Sox, 1:10 PM WSCR

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
One game you leave in Shark too long. Boom, bye 4-0 lead. Next time you bring in a reliever ... boom, tie game. Can't win for losing. Some folks on this board over-valued Putnam and Petricka that is for sure. They are just bodies. Sometimes they are OK; most of the time their pitches scream "hit me."

They just brought the wrong guy in. Putman gives up HRs but he gets Ks too...use him in a real jam - runner on 3rd less than 2 outs. They also waste a spot with Carroll instead of trying some guys from AAA and see if they can become a real contributor.

I wanted Ventura to pull Shark after the 7th.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 04:07 PM)
They just brought the wrong guy in. Putman gives up HRs but he gets Ks too...use him in a real jam - runner on 3rd less than 2 outs. They also waste a spot with Carroll instead of trying some guys from AAA and see if they can become a real contributor.

Yeah Putnam gives up too many HRs but his pitches do not scream "hit me". He's something like 5th in K% among all pitchers in the MLB this year. He's been nasty most of the time, unfortunately he's given up a few untimely bombs.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)

Some of you dislike Danks; I dislike Putnam. it's just the way life is.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
Yeah Putnam gives up too many HRs but his pitches do not scream "hit me". He's something like 5th in K% among all pitchers in the MLB this year. He's been nasty most of the time, unfortunately he's given up a few untimely bombs.

He seems like just another arm to me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
I was at the game and we were commenting he reacted like a Little Leaguer would have reacted, and how awesome that was.

It was an unreal catch. I keep watching the replay. Just unreal. I loved his reaction. He has TWTW obviously. He was fired up. I think Abreu has TWTW too. Good to see from two potential stars.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 07:34 PM)
Some of you dislike Danks; I dislike Putnam. it's just the way life is.

He seems like just another arm to me.

It was an unreal catch. I keep watching the replay. Just unreal. I loved his reaction. He has TWTW obviously. He was fired up. I think Abreu has TWTW too. Good to see from two potential stars.

Confirmed that Greg is actually Hawk.

I was at the game and it was certainly a good game to watch and win. Still, Adam Eaton has to be the biggest disappointment this 2015 White Sox season. He looks terrible at the plate. He hit .300 in 2014 and I think everybody was expecting big things from him in 2015. I don't know why he hasn't been good this season but this team would have alot more success if he was performing better this year. He looks lost at the plate.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 08:39 AM)
I was at the game and it was certainly a good game to watch and win. Still, Adam Eaton has to be the biggest disappointment this 2015 White Sox season. He looks terrible at the plate. He hit .300 in 2014 and I think everybody was expecting big things from him in 2015. I don't know why he hasn't been good this season but this team would have alot more success if he was performing better this year. He looks lost at the plate.

He's had a rough couple last games but overall since April he's been much improved. In May he hit .262/.325/.402 and in June he hit .276/.355/.459 for an OPS of over .800. His bat will be fine. Melky and Alexei are far bigger disappointments, easily.

Edited by OmarComing25