O's @ Sox, 1:10 PM WSCR

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
John Danks pitched a shutout yesterday. He's fixed!

Bad comparison. Danks has been one of the worst starters in baseball for a few years now since his injury. You really think after a few bad months Melky is now on that same level?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
Another missed opportunity.

As long as a few players remain on this roster the Sox can only hope for 1 maybe 2 runs a game. We can't expect to throw a shutout every game, but I guess that's what KW expects

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 03:29 PM)
What does KW have to do with it? Why do you think he's the problem in this case?

BC the problem players are his players and I am a firm believer that KW still runs this team and everything Hahn does has to be ok'd by KW. This may not be the case but I have not seen anything to suggest otherwise

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
Bad comparison. Danks has been one of the worst starters in baseball for a few years now since his injury. You really think after a few bad months Melky is now on that same level?

Melky Cabrera was a bad enough player that he was non-tendered when he was young enough to play CF. Then suddenly he became an all-star within 2 seasons, almost as if he had something magically helping him. Now he's not fast enough to be a decent OF any more and the exact same problems he had early in his career...not enough power to hit the ball past defenders often enough, are right back.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 02:34 PM)
Your post was the first time I even thought about the umpire so I'd say he's doing a pretty good job. JMO though.

It's Gameday so who knows how accurate it is anyway, but I've noticed it for both sides, so at least he's consistent.