O's @ Sox, 1:10 PM WSCR

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha this bullpen still remains a joke. With the exception of 2 maybe 3 pitchers it is an utter joke. Even with how bad this bullpen is, the offense is even worse. Sox should still be up 3-4 right now. RV made the right call at the tight time he just does not have the player personnel to make the right moves all the time. Personally I would have gone with the 4 out save opportunity ( that would probably have back fired as well though).

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 04:45 PM)
Zero posts in the first six pages, Sox blow the lead, two posts in a row. We get it.

Why in the world is RV pinch hitting Beckham?

If the beckham thing is a question, the answer is that Beckham came in the top of the 8th as a def replacement

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
Haha this bullpen still remains a joke. With the exception of 2 maybe 3 pitchers it is an utter joke. Even with how bad this bullpen is, the offense is even worse. Sox should still be up 3-4 right now. RV made the right call at the tight time he just does not have the player personnel to make the right moves all the time. Personally I would have gone with the 4 out save opportunity ( that would probably have back fired as well though).

It's not a bad pen. They need to use it more, really. Sox have put a ton of miles on these starters.

The problem is 10 hits and only 2 runs.

One game you leave in Shark too long. Boom, bye 4-0 lead. Next time you bring in a reliever ... boom, tie game. Can't win for losing. Some folks on this board over-valued Putnam and Petricka that is for sure. They are just bodies. Sometimes they are OK; most of the time their pitches scream "hit me."