O's @ Sox, 1:10 PM WGN

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
Games like this is why we all don't get excited about a 4 game winning streak

well with the little excitement from the 4 game, of good will, i really didn't want to rain on anyone day.

now with this over, how bout trading.

Edited by LDF

Gillaspie has really been bad this 2015 season. He hasn't hit and is simply a bad fielder. The White Sox must really have a low opinion of Matt Davidson. If he can't play third base on this team he must not figure into the White Sox future plans.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
Gillaspie has really been bad this 2015 season. He hasn't hit and is simply a bad fielder. The White Sox must really have a low opinion of Matt Davidson. If he can't play third base on this team he must not figure into the White Sox future plans.

Davidson is hitting in the .230's in AAA. What do you figure that translates to in the majors??? Recently he has been cutting down on his SO but has not hit any homers. Last I saw it looked like his defense was better. He is still a AAA level player but maybe by September he will get another shot. When a player is struggling, being promoted to the majors can really be a problem. Sanchez is a good example. He was really hot in AAA then went into a slump and they called him up in the middle of a slump.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 06:45 PM)
Davidson is hitting in the .230's in AAA. What do you figure that translates to in the majors??? Recently he has been cutting down on his SO but has not hit any homers. Last I saw it looked like his defense was better. He is still a AAA level player but maybe by September he will get another shot. When a player is struggling, being promoted to the majors can really be a problem. Sanchez is a good example. He was really hot in AAA then went into a slump and they called him up in the middle of a slump.

I don't know if it's fair to say Sanchez was in a slump. He had been hitting .417, we was due to come back to earth.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 11:45 PM)

He is also a minor league all-star. What does that say?

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 12:45 AM)

Here's what I think. When the Sox bring in guys via trade or promotion from the minors, they never hit a lick. So let's try the reverse psychology thing with Davidson. He is supposed to be in the bigs by now. Bring him up and see what happens. Maybe he'll be the exception and inexplicably get hot right out of the gate. There's no reason to play Conor any more. Or Beckham or Boni or Sanchez. We know what we've got in those guys. Bring up Davidson and bring up Micah again, release Conor and Boni and Beckham and Sanchez, all four of em.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 01:29 AM)
Last time I saw Davidson he had 5 o'clock shadow. You wouldn't be a fan of him. On to the next...

Don't u agree LaRoche looks rather dumb and shaggy with his beard? It's not like he's had the success of a Chicago Blackhawk. I don't respect the beard.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
Why did they leave Webb in? How we win 4 games in a row is beyond me

How have we won as many games as we have is beyond me, its a miracle. You lollygag to first, you lollygag in the outfield. You know what that makes you, LOLLYGAGGERS.

Edit: sorry I thought we were doing movie quotes.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 04:17 AM)
How have we won as many games as we have is beyond me, its a miracle. You lollygag to first, you lollygag in the outfield. You know what that makes you, LOLLYGAGGERS.

Edit: sorry I thought we were doing movie quotes.

I agree. I think the Sox have overachieved big time this season. They should be 20 under .500 at the break the way they've played. I guess it shows the value of starting pitching. Sox starting pitching is simply amazing; rest of the team's game is historically bad.