**7/6 Epic Game Thread! Sox vs Jays!**

Brian

What is Ali and Tyson faced in their primes?

Jordan vs Lebron?

Shaq vs Wilt?

We get BUEHRLE VS SALE!

TONIGHT AT 7:10PM ON CSN!

Tickets on stubhub are insane for this. Upper deck for $50.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
With the way these guys pitch setting the over/under for game time at 2:15

Better be under, because last I checked we're supposed to get rain between 9 and 10.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 07:14 AM)
What is Ali and Tyson faced in their primes?

Jordan vs Lebron?

Shaq vs Wilt?

We get BUEHRLE VS SALE!

TONIGHT AT 7:10PM ON CSN!

Tickets on stubhub are insane for this. Upper deck for $50.

Hopefully people are smart enough to know there are thousands upon thousands of tickets available for face on Ticketmaster.

The Jays have the highest team OPS against lefties, and the gap between them and 2nd is the same as the gap between 2nd and 19th. They are downright scary. This'll be a great test for Sale (not that he needs to pass any tests).

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)
The Jays have the highest team OPS against lefties, and the gap between them and 2nd is the same as the gap between 2nd and 19th. They are downright scary. This'll be a great test for Sale (not that he needs to pass any tests).

The thing is that most lefty pitchers aren't like Chris Sale.

The Blue Jays also have a lot of strikeout-prone hitters so I think Sale should get to 10 K's easily. *knocks on wood*

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 12m12 minutes ago

Tickets on all levels still available for tonight's Sale-Buehrle game. Sale K-Zone is sold out. Large walk-up sales are expected.

White Sox have sold upward of 4,000 tix since the Sale-Buehrle matchup was set. Sell out is still not anticipated at this time.

Lots of talk about Sale vs the Jays lineup, but the Sox have a .573 OPS vs LHP this season. Just forget for a moment Buehrle's past ties to the Sox. He's the exact prototype of the pitcher the Sox are least capable of hitting.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
Lots of talk about Sale vs the Jays lineup, but the Sox have a .573 OPS vs LHP this season. Just forget for a moment Buehrle's past ties to the Sox. He's the exact prototype of the pitcher the Sox are least capable of hitting.

I've said this for a while now, but the Sox miss Viciedo's bat vs LHP. He was pretty dangerous against soft-tossing LHP.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 11:36 AM)
I've said this for a while now, but the Sox miss Viciedo's bat vs LHP. He was pretty dangerous against soft-tossing LHP.

yea they really miss a guy who isnt even in the league this season

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 04:39 PM)
Still would be upgrade over Melky.

or LaRoche with his 217/262/267 splits with no homers in 60 at bats vs LHP. His walk rate splits are insane, as he has 3 in 60 AB vs LHP and 36 in 191 AB vs RHP.

lmao i love the Viciedo revisionist history here! I loved that one time that he totally misplayed a ground ball into a triple or inside the park homerun. Except it wasnt just one time. But i will forget all of those times because once, in between striking out 4 times swinging from his heels at whatever the pitcher threw, he hit a homerun off a lefty.

good times

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 11:43 AM)
Take a look at Viciedo's numbers. 50-100 points better OPS than Melky and ~comparably bad defense.

Im looking at his numbers this season. Where other teams have the opportunity to platoon him against lefties.

Oh wait, there are none.

I would take Melky and all of his phantom Balta branded steroids over Dayan Viciedo every day and twice on sunday

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
lmao i love the Viciedo revisionist history here! I loved that one time that he totally misplayed a ground ball into a triple or inside the park homerun. Except it wasnt just one time. But i will forget all of those times because once, in between striking out 4 times swinging from his heels at whatever the pitcher threw, he hit a homerun off a lefty.

good times

You're doing the exact same thing with Melky Cabrera.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)

.837 OPS in his career against LHP with some much needed power included in that. I don't think anyone on here wanted him back as a starter this year, but he would have been a more valuable bench piece/LHP platoon than Bonifacio has been (for similar cost).

Viciedo's lefty splits were buoyed by his first three years in the league. Over his last thousand plate appearances or so, he became a guy who just couldn't hit anyone that well. There is no reason whatsoever to miss him unless you really like funny .gif's.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 11:46 AM)
Phantom? Seriously?

lets cry about them every time he is brought up, seriously. Because err mer gerd he got busted 4 years ago

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 11:47 AM)
.837 OPS in his career against LHP with some much needed power included in that. I don't think anyone on here wanted him back as a starter this year, but he would have been a more valuable bench piece/LHP platoon than Bonifacio has been (for similar cost).

Viciedo hurts your bench because in order to hit him against lefties you need to play another defender in his place after he hits. That is terrible strategy. Bonifacio at least plays multiple positions and you can play him after he hits(at least that was the theory)

but hey! Viciedo can hit a lefty sometimes!