KW: "Three year plan or window"

Dunt

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
Pretty easy to always stand up and take responsibility for continuous failures when it is seemingly clear at this point that there will be no ramifications whatsoever from above.

Especially when you are the most successful executive the team has ever had.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 02:25 PM)
And George Herbert Bush was the best president the Bush's ever produced.

I'm not saying he's right. It's just that KW brought JR his championship in his beloved sport of baseball. The only way KW leaves the organization is when he wants to leave.

Regardless of what fans think, KW accomplished this and will be with the Sox.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
I'm not saying he's right. It's just that KW brought JR his championship in his beloved sport of baseball. The only way KW leaves the organization is when he wants to leave.

And that's helped contribute to the Sox becoming one of the worst franchises in all of baseball. Any other franchise would have let go of KW, not promoted him. But Jerry sleeps with his 2005 baseball every night.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)

He cant even leave if he wants to apparently. Otherwise he would be in Toronto right now.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
And that's helped contribute to the Sox becoming one of the worst franchises in all of baseball. Any other franchise would have let go of KW, not promoted him. But Jerry sleeps with his 2005 baseball every night.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. There are many franchises that keep executives around in lesser roles. IMO the Sox are far from one of the worst franchises in baseball.

However, as I stated, he isn't going anywhere until he decides it's time.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
I wouldn't be too sure of that. There are many franchises that keep executives around in lesser roles. IMO the Sox are far from one of the worst franchises in baseball.

However, as I stated, he isn't going anywhere until he decides it's time.

Since 2008 or so, they've been one of the worst franchises in baseball. No ifs, ands or buts about it IMO.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Since 2008 or so, they've been one of the worst franchises in baseball. No ifs, ands or buts about it IMO.

another one disloyal to the organization I see. your name has been forwarded to the proper authorities.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
Is this meant to be a compliment to Kenny or a very damning (yet deserved) critique of all of his predecessors?

Neither. Just stating that since he won a world series for JR, he will be with the organization aslong as he wants.

Howver, it could alsobe both of your suggestions.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)

OK. Everyone in entitled to their own view.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
another one disloyal to the organization I see. your name has been forwarded to the proper authorities.

Yes. Because those are the only options, loyal, disloyal.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:29 PM)
Neither. Just stating that since he won a world series for JR, he will be with the organization aslong as he wants.

So no "What have you done for me lately?" managing of this organization by JR? That's strange. I mean, ask Kenny and Rick yourself, and they'll gush about Reinsdorf's "competitive spirit" - you know, that same spirit that compelled him to go above and beyond this winter to sign the Great Melky Cabrera. The two of them couldn't shut up about it at the time of the signing.

However, if JR is as competitive as those two say, then your assertion that Williams stays as long as he wants, results be damned, cannot be true. He should be demanding and expecting better results than he's been receiving for quite some time now. If he is content with that one championship and therefore prioritizes his loyalty to those who brought him that one championship, then yes, your assertion is most definitely true.

Edited by Thad Bosley

From 2009 to now - since the cutoff is evidently 2008 - there are 12 teams in baseball with a worse win% than the Sox. 6 of them have had no playoff appearances in that time. 5 more have won a total of 6 playoff games in 7 appearances between them. The remaining team is KC, who was a laughing stock until 2014.

So as far as "one of the worst franchises," maybe. Depends how large a clump you want to make "the worst" (I'd say bottom 6, I guess, to match the number of divisions) and how much stock you put into short playoff runs (I'd say some).

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)
So no "What have you done for me lately?" managing of this organization by JR? That's strange. I mean, ask Kenny and Rick yourself, and they'll gush about Reinsdorf's "competitive spirit" - you know, that same spirit that compelled him to go above and beyond this winter to sign the Great Melky Cabrera. The two of them couldn't shut up about it at the time of the signing.

However, if JR is as competitive as those two say, then your assertion that Williams stays as long as he wants, results be damned, cannot be true. He should be demanding and expecting better results than he's been receiving for quite some time now. If he is content with that one championship and therefore prioritizes his loyalty to those who brought him that one championship, then yes, your assertion is most definitely true.

Great post. I know it's off topic but I was against the Melky signing from the beginning. Cheater in the past who would be a utility player at best if not for the cheating years. I wish they'd clean house. Everybody but me thought firing Ozzie would do wonders. That did nothing because a lot of bad baseball people remain aboard.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:43 PM)

Again, I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm going on how he has historically treated executives in the past such as Krause, Schueler, and others. I think that KW earned enough respect from JR that he has a job as long as he wants it. He is no longer the GM. He does more scouting and other things which is what KW always claimed he enjoyed more.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 04:04 PM)
Great post. I know it's off topic but I was against the Melky signing from the beginning. Cheater in the past who would be a utility player at best if not for the cheating years. I wish they'd clean house. Everybody but me thought firing Ozzie would do wonders. That did nothing because a lot of bad baseball people remain aboard.

What does this have to do with KW. RH is the GM who signed him. By most accounts KW focuses more scouting new talent as opposed to signing players. Unless we go back to the discussion of RH being an idiot to take a job where someone else has all of the power of your job.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:39 PM)
What does this have to do with KW. RH is the GM who signed him. By most accounts KW focuses more scouting new talent as opposed to signing players. Unless we go back to the discussion of RH being an idiot to take a job where someone else has all of the power of your job.

so let me try to conclude this strange dealings.

so 1 ws win will give a free pass of yrs of mismanagement, lousy farm system, an org that was floundering, with no direction. the last 10 yrs this org was going no where and all this is forgiven b/c of the w/s ring in 2005.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 04:04 PM)

In two seasons after Melky was caught he hit .293 with a .340 OBP and a .761 OPS.

In one of those seasons he had a tumor on his spine.

As for Ozzie, they actually competed in Robin's first season and you were saying that Ozzie and Buehrle would lead the Marlins to the WS.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:41 AM)
Why doesnt Kenny just keep his mouth shut? Does he think that putting off the perception of transparency is going to help them with the public opinion and support of Sox fans?... No its not helping dude.

Why cant they just get rid of Kenny for fksake? Dude has been nothing but an arrogant, miserable, failure. Time to move on people -- can't get worse (see standings and playoff quals over past 10 years)

QUOTE (Greyone @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 06:22 PM)
And Bear fans will never let go of their one Super Bowl victory... we get it... move along... this topic is so nauseating, nothing anybody else says is going to change any ones opinion...

I'm not really sure how it got here. All I said was that since KW won JR his coveted world series, he has a job for life. He's not the GM but he is still in the organization. He is the most successful GM the team has had. He is not going anywhere even though he isn't the GM. I never said I agreed with the decision but JR will keep him around.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 12:07 AM)
In two seasons after Melky was caught he hit .293 with a .340 OBP and a .761 OPS.

In one of those seasons he had a tumor on his spine.

As for Ozzie, they actually competed in Robin's first season and you were saying that Ozzie and Buehrle would lead the Marlins to the WS.

Doesn't your brother also love Ozzie? We can't help it. And everybody loves Mark B.