KW: "Three year plan or window"

Dunt

HOLD ON -- "THREE YEAR PLAN"??

I thought I was a pretty astute follower of Sox news but unless my memory fails me, this week is the first time I remember reading ANYTHING about a so-called "three year plan."

I do remember letting Mark Buehrle walk after 2011 and saying that this was the first step in rebuilding. So if my math is right, that was three seasons ago...which means we're in the 4th season of a rebuild...right?

I get so confused, Kenny.

Please tell me, what plan are we on now and what stage of the plan are we in?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)

I thought I was a pretty astute follower of Sox news but unless my memory fails me, this week is the first time I remember reading ANYTHING about a so-called "three year plan."

I do remember letting Mark Buehrle walk after 2011 and saying that this was the first step in rebuilding. So if my math is right, that was three seasons ago...which means we're in the 4th season of a rebuild...right?

Kenny Williams has ALWAYS had a three year plan. It has been referenced very often over his time as GM.

I just hope they dont have a delusional plan and not make any moves at all. I am afraid they are fooling themselves into thinking this team still has a chance just because they are 5 1/2 games out of the wild card. Sure the whole team doesnt need to be blown up but they should certainly be building towards next year at this point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
Kenny Williams has ALWAYS had a three year plan. It has been referenced very often over his time as GM.

His last two three year plans resulted in zero playoff appearances. This one is not off to a roaring start either.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)

if i remember correctly, the sox signed someone and brought up the salary to 90 +/- mil. then the excitement took over. Hahn mention that the sox had a 3 yr plan and he was getting excited about the team and invest by getting a couple more of fa's. then the rebuilding stop.

either way, why all of the sudden mention of the 3-yr plan, i mean why now??? they could have reenforce that msg last month or so.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:26 PM)
I just hope they dont have a delusional plan and not make any moves at all. I am afraid they are fooling themselves into thinking this team still has a chance just because they are 5 1/2 games out of the wild card. Sure the whole team doesnt need to be blown up but they should certainly be building towards next year at this point.

exactly trying to keep the team and let faith take its course.

Why doesnt Kenny just keep his mouth shut? Does he think that putting off the perception of transparency is going to help them with the public opinion and support of Sox fans?... No its not helping dude.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
Why doesnt Kenny just keep his mouth shut? Does he think that putting off the perception of transparency is going to help them with the public opinion and support of Sox fans?... No its not helping dude.

i asked that same question several times before, when he spouted some bullshiite prep talk

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:41 AM)

Then you get a part of the fan base who swears he never takes responsibility for anything.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)
Then you get a part of the fan base who swears he never takes responsibility for anything.

good point, but to keep talking to the press???

let the team get pasted this horrible start.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:55 AM)
good point, but to keep talking to the press???

let the team get pasted this horrible start.

It is a relationship. Kenny talks to them so that they can be used later. it is the same relationship that all GMs have with the media in this town, with a couple of exceptions.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
It is a relationship. Kenny talks to them so that they can be used later. it is the same relationship that all GMs have with the media in this town, with a couple of exceptions.

i just don't know. maybe it is my dislike of KW since the late 90's that stops me from thinking logically. so i am lost here.

i still think this is not the answer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)

For some reason all I get when Kenny has been talking is his ego. I don't get that he has some grandiose plan or that he is posturing with the media or other teams. He wants to show that he is still in charge and the mastermind. He cant stand to be out of the spotlight that he had when he was GM.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
For some reason all I get when Kenny has been talking is his ego. I don't get that he has some grandiose plan or that he is posturing with the media or other teams. He wants to show that he is still in charge and the mastermind. He cant stand to be out of the spotlight that he had when he was GM.

i agree, i wish someone would remind him of his dutiful effort of epic failure of building the farm with lousy draft picks. this state of this team is b/c of him.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:02 AM)

Kenny's ego wasn't talking in this last interview. It was a message to the rest of baseball to try to drive up the asking price for Samardjiza, and anyone else that people have interest in. He drove home the point they aren't selling, not for the fans, but for opposing GMs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
Kenny's ego wasn't talking in this last interview. It was a message to the rest of baseball to try to drive up the asking price for Samardjiza, and anyone else that people have interest in. He drove home the point they aren't selling, not for the fans, but for opposing GMs.

Can I go back to making the joke about everything Kenny says being 100% the opposite of reality yet?

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:05 AM)
i agree, i wish someone would remind him of his dutiful effort of epic failure of building the farm with lousy draft picks. this state of this team is b/c of him.

He knows. He has talked about the state of our farm system many times in the past. The farm system was sacrificed to spend more on major leaguers. That has changed over the last few years as we are spending more and more outside of the major league ball club.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)

Right now you are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that I am not. I honestly would not be shocked if they didnt make any major moves before the ASB.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
Right now you are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that I am not. I honestly would not be shocked if they didnt make any major moves before the ASB.

Kenny Williams is a lot of things. Stupid is not one of them. This isn't Ozzie Guillen and his 5th grade education we are talking about here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)
Kenny Williams is a lot of things. Stupid is not one of them. This isn't Ozzie Guillen and his 5th grade education we are talking about here.

Many smart men have failed at their jobs at some point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 05:20 PM)

that was harsh.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:47 AM)

Pretty easy to always stand up and take responsibility for continuous failures when it is seemingly clear at this point that there will be no ramifications whatsoever from above.