7/7 Games

royoung

4 of our 6 teams were in first going into todays games, Birm, W-S, GF and Arizona all in first (the first 2 in their 2nd half season). Charlotte was 1/2 game out of first and Kannapolis was 4-7, but now they sweep the DH today, so now an almost respectable 6-7. Not a lousy year for once, at least record-wise.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
Tim Anderson is 1/2, BB, 28th SB.

Micah is 3/5, SB.

Davidson is 1/2, HR, 3 BB. 45 walks now on the year. He has reached the elusive "OBP 100+ pts better than AVG" benchmark.

Any chance Davidson can be a platoon player against LHP? Can't do much worse than the current options have done.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
Any chance Davidson can be a platoon player against LHP? Can't do much worse than the current options have done.

What do we have to lose? Gordo and Connor? Time to give the young guys a chance.

Micah homered in his last AB.

4/6, HR, SB. He is hitting .309. His OBP is around .370.

I wonder when Hahn is ready to sacrifice some defense at one of the least important defensive positions on the field for some MUCH MUCH MUCH needed offense and energy. Even if Hahn is ready to call his season over, I'd rather have Micah learn defense at the major league level than Sanchez learn hitting a the major league level.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
Micah homered in his last AB.

4/6, HR, SB. He is hitting .309. His OBP is around .370.

I wonder when Hahn is ready to sacrifice some defense at one of the least important defensive positions on the field for some MUCH MUCH MUCH needed offense and energy. Even if Hahn is ready to call his season over, I'd rather have Micah learn defense at the major league level than Sanchez learn hitting a the major league level.

I still think they gave up on Micah way too quickly. Was his defense really costing us a lot of runs? I really can't recall him be THAT horrible in order to sacrifice him for a .160 hitter

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 03:04 AM)
I still think they gave up on Micah way too quickly. Was his defense really costing us a lot of runs? I really can't recall him be THAT horrible in order to sacrifice him for a .160 hitter

Yes, it was on pace to be the worst of all time

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:04 PM)

Well they didn't KNOW Sanchez would be completely inept offensively. He has been a decent contact hitter in the minors.

Sanchez has played just about 2x the amount of innings that Micah had this season, yet Sanchez has played 4x worse so far. Micah at a -0.3 WAR, Sanchez at a -1.1 WAR. Sanchez's defense is not setting off his horrendous offense. Micah's offense was nearly setting off his horrendous defense. You could argue Micah was on pace for -0.6 WAR given the same playing time that Sanchez has had, but that's still nearly twice as "good" as Sanchez.

For the love of god, dump/trade Sanchez and let Micah AT THE VERY LEAST bring some excitement to the fans.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
Yes, it was on pace to be the worst of all time

In regards to runs allowed or what?

Like I said, watching he didn't look so bad that he should be sent down. If anything working with MLB coaches and players every day should help his defense more then AAA

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:22 PM)
In regards to runs allowed or what?

Like I said, watching he didn't look so bad that he should be sent down. If anything working with MLB coaches and players every day should help his defense more then AAA

Well, of anyone who had a minimum of 210 innings at 2B this season, Micah was the worst, on pace for -23 UZR/150, while the next worst was -15 UZR/150. So he was quite bad, but that's also a very small sample size, and I'm pretty positive over a full season he would not grade out as the worst defensive 2B season of all time.

Even in that small sample size of 210 innings, there were 2 2B who were on pace for worse defensive seasons. Rickie Weeks (-23.5) and Javiar Baez (-28.7). The worst since 2002 (when UZR/150 started being tracked) has been 2011 Bill Hall at an ASTOUNDING -43.8 UZR/150 in nearly 400 innings!!

So worst 2B defensive season of all time? Not even close.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:04 PM)

He wasn't a .160 hitter when he came up. He was hitting .344 with an .833 OPS. This was also when the team had a more reasonable claim to bing in contention this year. When the team has to give up (trading Smarje) I'm sure they'll bring up Micah and maybe others.