7/7 Games

royoung

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:30 PM)
Even in that small sample size of 210 innings, there were 2 2B who were on pace for worse defensive seasons. Rickie Weeks (-23.5) and Javiar Baez (-28.7). The worst since 2002 (when UZR/150 started being tracked) has been 2011 Bill Hall at an ASTOUNDING -43.8 UZR/150 in nearly 400 innings!!

So worst 2B defensive season of all time? Not even close.

And Baez is back in AAA and Weeks was DFA's by the Mariners.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
Micah homered in his last AB.

4/6, HR, SB. He is hitting .309. His OBP is around .370.

I wonder when Hahn is ready to sacrifice some defense at one of the least important defensive positions on the field for some MUCH MUCH MUCH needed offense and energy. Even if Hahn is ready to call his season over, I'd rather have Micah learn defense at the major league level than Sanchez learn hitting a the major league level.

Once they trade Shark and possible few other bench guys, I think he will be back up. Deals I think will/could happen:

Shark for prospect(s); replaced in rotation by Johnson.

Soto traded for PTBNL; replaced by Kottaras (or prospect MLB level C potentially acquired in Shark deal)

Bonifacio for PTBNL or cash; replaced by Johnson (Sanchez moves to bench or sent down in favor of more Versatile L. Garcia)

Beckham for PTBNL; replaced by Davidson

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 08:01 AM)
I share everyone's frustration with the second base situation, but I feel that sending Micah down helped him and he will be a better player next year for it.

Yeah I'm not upset or frustrated either. I just believe once they officially become sellers/more open to trading guys he will probably just come up and learn at the MLB level.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 06:48 AM)
Once they trade Shark and possible few other bench guys, I think he will be back up. Deals I think will/could happen:

Shark for prospect(s); replaced in rotation by Johnson.

Soto traded for PTBNL; replaced by Kottaras (or prospect MLB level C potentially acquired in Shark deal)

Bonifacio for PTBNL or cash; replaced by Johnson (Sanchez moves to bench or sent down in favor of more Versatile L. Garcia)

Beckham for PTBNL; replaced by Davidson

And, this has bee a good year for Leury Garcia. I would move him right now for Bonifacio.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)
Well they didn't KNOW Sanchez would be completely inept offensively. He has been a decent contact hitter in the minors.

Sanchez has played just about 2x the amount of innings that Micah had this season, yet Sanchez has played 4x worse so far. Micah at a -0.3 WAR, Sanchez at a -1.1 WAR. Sanchez's defense is not setting off his horrendous offense. Micah's offense was nearly setting off his horrendous defense. You could argue Micah was on pace for -0.6 WAR given the same playing time that Sanchez has had, but that's still nearly twice as "good" as Sanchez.

For the love of god, dump/trade Sanchez and let Micah AT THE VERY LEAST bring some excitement to the fans.

A few of us pointed out how bad he was last year, and that it usually takes him a full season to adjust to a level.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 10:09 AM)
Yeah, we are officially into back up quarterback syndrome if people are really pining for Leury Garcia to come back.

I'd rather have him up over Bonifacio to be honest. Younger and cheaper and better defensively in the IF.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:04 PM)
I still think they gave up on Micah way too quickly. Was his defense really costing us a lot of runs? I really can't recall him be THAT horrible in order to sacrifice him for a .160 hitter

His D was pretty terrible. He cost the Sox at least a few games early on.

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
Johan Cruz was an international signing correct?

He's absolutely raking at GF

Yep. Signed in 2012 for $450k as a glove first SS. No walks/power this year but excellent contact (~9 K%)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 12:17 PM)
Recap posted

Sorry for the delay, but you should read it - it's amazing how many of the affiliates are in or near first place right now. Haven't seen this in a long, long time.

Is that generally a sign of anything in particular in terms of whether the system is talented? When I see a MiLB team has a winning record, I always think about the Chris Curleys of the world rather than the Tim Andersons, etc.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
Junior Guerra absolutely mowing them down in AAA. Has to be in our starting rotation before the end of the year, let's see what he's got.

Co-signed, I assume Johnson will be up after Samardzija is traded, but it'd be really nice if one of Johnson/Guerra can show themselves as capable of being a solid back-end starting pitcher next year.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
Is that generally a sign of anything in particular in terms of whether the system is talented? When I see a MiLB team has a winning record, I always think about the Chris Curleys of the world rather than the Tim Andersons, etc.

Can be either, but usually you need both to have a strong team. Also factored in is league usage, especially in rookie ball. The White Sox tend to pile up college and more mature players in Great Falls for example (though not as strictly as before), while only some other PIO teams do the same, so that team tends to do well.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 05:31 PM)
I like him too, but more as a reliever given his pitch set.

man, he surprise the crap out of me, meaning his success. i am wondering, when the lineup gets expanded, how he would do pitching to mlb players.

i will be stoke about that.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
man, he surprise the crap out of me, meaning his success. i am wondering, when the lineup gets expanded, how he would do pitching to mlb players.

i will be stoke about that.

Umm...he's already been up to Chicago this year and faced MLB hitters.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
Umm...he's already been up to Chicago this year and faced MLB hitters.

yea, he was up for 3 weeks and got 3 appearances and 4 innings.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
Junior Guerra absolutely mowing them down in AAA. Has to be in our starting rotation before the end of the year, let's see what he's got.

Amen!

Edited by GreenSox