Sox vs Cubs

oldsox

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
Winning the series vs Toronto plus Shark's great game, certainly increases the interest in this three game series. No DH, so I wonder what the Cubs' plan for Schwarber is? Can't wait.

I think Schwarber is back in the minors.

I am going tomorrow; haven't been to Wrigley in years; not that pumped about it.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
Winning the series vs Toronto plus Shark's great game, certainly increases the interest in this three game series. No DH, so I wonder what the Cubs' plan for Schwarber is? Can't wait.

Schwarber is in the minors, so I imagine he will stay there. Soto should start friday and sunday.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)
I think Schwarber is back in the minors.

I am going tomorrow; haven't been to Wrigley in years; not that pumped about it.

I had to go last night as the girlfriend is a Cubs fan - it sucks. I am going again Saturday for a bachelor party and will be excited to see Sale. It really sucks at Wrigley - there's no room to walk around, the food sucks and takes forever to get and I just prefer the Cell (half empty, good food, lots of room). Here's to hoping the Sox take 2 of 3 so that they can keep improving. (Even if I know it's unlikely for the White Sox to make a run for a Wild Card spot, it's nice to beat medicore, good and bad teams along the way).

Edited by MuckFinnesota

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
Saturday is the battle between the pitcher that can't hold anyone on and the team that can't steal successfully. With that said, I don't like Lester's chances of getting a hit off of Sale.

I wouldn't be shocked at this point to see Lester pick off one of our guys.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 05:13 PM)
opinion: I hate attending cubs sox games. Just a bunch of drunk meatheads yelling lame insults the whole game. "Hey! Hey You! Sox Suck! Go back to the southside! hahaha yeahhhhhhh PITBULLLLL"

What does that even mean?

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)
Also, the Cubs looooove to strike out. I'm kinda excited to see how Sale does.

2nd most K's in the league for them, team with the most is Houston and their poor approaches led to them scoring 10 runs against the Sox in 6 games. Good matchup for Rodon too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
2nd most K's in the league for them, team with the most is Houston and their poor approaches led to them scoring 10 runs against the Sox in 6 games. Good matchup for Rodon too.

Cubs take a lot of pitches, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if Rodon makes it 6 innings. I'm sure he'll hit Rizzo with a pitch or two.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 05:26 PM)
Cubs take a lot of pitches, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if Rodon makes it 6 innings. I'm sure he'll hit Rizzo with a pitch or two.

He better attack them. He has too good of stuff to be walking people.

opinion: I hate attending cubs sox games. Just a bunch of drunk meatheads yelling lame insults the whole game. "Hey! Hey You! Sox Suck! Go back to the southside! hahaha yeahhhhhhh PITBULLLLL"

At least the Sox aren't owned by some hick from Nebraska who bought the team with his dad's money to self-authenticate himself as a real Chicagoan the same way self obsessed Columbia students do by moving to Logan Sq.

Make that into a chant, someone.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 05:26 PM)

We can see how he pitches with some fans out there