• Over
    • Under

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
Rodon only threw 10 pitches too. If he can throw 12-14 pitches an inning consistently, he'll be really dangerous.

He was much more precise to the righties that inning than to the lefty.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
Rodon only threw 10 pitches too. If he can throw 12-14 pitches an inning consistently, he'll be really dangerous.

Pitch count and repeating his motion will always be Carlos Rodon's problems. If he figures that out, look out Cy Young.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)

I fully expect he will figure that out eventually, and he and Sale, as long as they remain healthy, can battle each other for Cy Youngs. He's nasty as it is. When he figures out how to stay ahead of hitters, IMO he is going to be unreal.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
I fully expect he will figure that out eventually, and he and Sale, as long as they remain healthy, can battle each other for Cy Youngs. He's nasty as it is. When he figures out how to stay ahead of hitters, IMO he is going to be unreal.

Yup.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
He was much more precise to the righties that inning than to the lefty.

I noticed that as well. Rizzo is a good hitter though, so it's hard to judge Rodon just based on that 1 at-bat.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
Pitch count and repeating his motion will always be Carlos Rodon's problems. If he figures that out, look out Cy Young.

I agree. I think he'll improve on both of those over time. He's still a rookie, even though it doesn't seem like it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)

I really hope you're right. That would be so fun to watch on a yearly basis.

Edited by Mike F.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 21s21 seconds ago

Overheard in the pressbox upon Ramirez's broken bat pop up to the pitcher: "Stretch!"

(This was not by Hawk on the broadcast)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
Really really really quick weak popout by Garcia.

Hitters must feel really dumb when they go for the first pitch and do what Garcia did there. Weak stuff when you swing at the first pitch and don't mash it.