• Over
    • Under

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)
What is more disappointing? A two-hit offense or the usual two-runs allowed in the first inning? I hope Abreu has a chance to pinch hit in the 9th and win this thing

Hard for me to really get that angry about either of them. Arrieta has really been that good today, he'd be holding a really good offense down, plus the strike zone has been crazy which helps pitchers too. Cubs got a key early triple by a great player and that's the key to the game so far.

Only real obnoxious one was the Arrieta HR, but it's currently not the diffrence in the game.

Sometimes you're actually just outdone even when your starting pitcher goes 7.2 and gives up only 3 runs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
Hard for me to really get that angry about either of them. Arrieta has really been that good today, he'd be holding a really good offense down, plus the strike zone has been crazy which helps pitchers too. Cubs got a key early triple by a great player and that's the key to the game so far.

Only real obnoxious one was the Arrieta HR, but it's currently not the diffrence in the game.

Sometimes you're actually just outdone even when your starting pitcher goes 7.2 and gives up only 3 runs.

Well said and agreed.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 04:41 PM)
The core of the future Sox.

Just checked and Sanchez actually hitting a slightly-better ~240-ish since mid June. Not spectacular but he is actually improving a bit.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)

I agree but I find it hard to accept those continuing first inning woes. But, Arrieta is petty darn good. I see in the 9th he was still hitting 96 mph. You are going to have those days I hope we continue our good play after the all-star break. I think the second half can be fun for the Sox

That's ok. The Sox have some dumb hitters to capitalize on base runners. Look at the manufactured run, Sanchez double, Q psuedo sacrifice, Eaton sac bunt RBI. Could you imagine what would happen with runners in scoring position if Avi, LaRoche, or Ramirez was up?

Yeah f***ing dumb hitters.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
Too easy once again. Give a guy like Arrieta an even bigger strike zone and voila ,you have a 2 hitter. Bonifacio may be out the door very soon.

True, true and true. Bonifacio has proven to be totally worthless and I really needs to be gone.