To all the KW haters...

Cerbaho-WG

SHUT THE f*** UP! God damn, it's painful watching some of you blather on about something you don't understand.

Get me a printed f***ing quote that says "KW turned down Ortiz for Liefer, Harris, and Malone/Stew". I'm willing to bet that Sabean said f*** no, and countered with Konerko for Snow and Ortiz. Now, if KW accepts it, all of you dolts would go insane, saying how he's the worst GM ever and such. Now, when KW sits on his hands, WHEN HE SHOULD, you do the same thing.

Face it, we weren't ever going to get Byrd, or anyone of high profile for FA. The only other option is trading the farm. Do any of you want to take a chance on one year, instead of hoping the farm will come through? Do any of you even f***ing know that KW basically BUILT our farm system?

Seriously, go hop on another bandwagon, all of you are annoying.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna say something similar the other day.

I love it when people say things like:

"I'd kill to get Colon, but only if it doesn't involve, Borchard, Honel, Crede, Almonte, Ring, Webster, Malone......."

How can you get anything done that way? You can't.

I don't like KW, but I gotta agree Cerb....I don't believe I've made a comment bashing KW for this one yet...so yeah, I do like the fact that he didn't deal for Ortiz. Not only that, but I found an interesting quote from a major league executive....

(this is regarding Russ Ortiz)..."His arm action has really gotten short in the back -- there's no looseness," the executive says. "He brings the ball back to his ear like a dart almost. He's stiff to the point where he puts strain on his shoulder and elbow."

Click here

Maybe it was a good thing we didn't get him....who knows

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

SHUT THE f*** UP! God damn, it's painful watching some of you blather on about something you don't understand.

Get me a printed f***ing quote that says "KW turned down Ortiz for Liefer, Harris, and Malone/Stew". I'm willing to bet that Sabean said f*** no, and countered with Konerko for Snow and Ortiz. Now, if KW accepts it, all of you dolts would go insane, saying how he's the worst GM ever and such. Now, when KW sits on his hands, WHEN HE SHOULD, you do the same thing.

Face it, we weren't ever going to get Byrd, or anyone of high profile for FA. The only other option is trading the farm. Do any of you want to take a chance on one year, instead of hoping the farm will come through? Do any of you even f***ing know that KW basically BUILT our farm system?

That was right on the money Cerb.

instead of telling everyone to shut the f*** up why dont you try and defend your man...oh wait you cant..thats why you resort to telling critics to shut the f*** up...

when KW pulls off a trade like danny evans did last year , odalis perez and brian jordan for gary sheffield , a trade that would be a huge winner for the sox , then ill shut the f*** up...until then..blow it out your asses:****

Originally posted by theoldroman

Oh come on, I gave this worthless pile of dog feces a chance and all hes done is screwup. Why, exactly, should he have sat on his hands? To miss out on stars like Ortiz and Byrd, which, might I add, he did anyways?

So you'd give up Konerko for a guy that will put up similar numbers to Jon Garland? Come on....KW did the right thing here...instead of being aggressive, he stayed back and just let it go....we would have given up Konerko and had to have taken on JT Snow, who is, at best, a decent hitter. Would you seriously choose a team of Konerko at 1B with a rotation of Buehrle-Garland-Wright-Rauch-Ritchie/Biddle/Daal/someone else or Snow at 1B with a rotation of Buehrle-Ortiz-Garland-Wright-Rauch while taking on $4 million more and probably giving up a good prospect too? I would choose the team with Konerko at 1B over the one with Snow at 1B...Snow would be a huge risk...he could produce, or he may suck...it'd be basically rolling the dice.

Originally posted by baggio202

instead of telling everyone to shut the f*** up why dont you try and defend your man...oh wait you cant..thats why you resort to telling critics to shut the f*** up...

when KW pulls off a trade like danny evans did last year , odalis perez and brian jordan for gary sheffield , a trade that would be a huge winner for the sox , then ill shut the f*** up...until then..blow it out your asses:****

Baggs, as I said to oldroman....would you rather have had KW made the trade for Ortiz which would add $4 million to our payroll and would give us a huge risk in JT Snow or we would have been Ortiz-less with Konerko...you even said it yourself that this could end up like the Ritchie trade....which is one reason I really like it falling through.

I am happy with Konerko in a Sox uni...it is fine with me.

Originally posted by baggio202when KW pulls off a trade like danny evans did last year , odalis perez and brian jordan for gary sheffield , a trade that would be a huge winner for the sox , then ill shut the f*** up...until then..blow it out your asses:****

So once he makes one deal that turns out good, you'll be quiet? Evans has made a few crap moves as well. See 2 prospects for Paul Shuey. But I'm not a backer or anti-Williams.

Originally posted by witesoxfan

Baggs, as I said to oldroman....would you rather have had KW made the trade for Ortiz which would add $4 million to our payroll and would give us a huge risk in JT Snow or we would have been Ortiz-less with Konerko...you even said it yourself that this could end up like the Ritchie trade....which is one reason I really like it falling through.

i didnt say make the konerko - ortiz trde if that was even a possibility...i didnt like that trade...but in the 2 years KW has been in charge we have gone from leading the AL in wins to a .500 ball club..and he has not made one trade that has significantly made this team better...but has made many that have hurt us...until this team wins he deserves all the criticism he gets...

Originally posted by Mr. Showtime
Originally posted by baggio202when KW pulls off a trade like danny evans did last year , odalis perez and brian jordan for gary sheffield , a trade that would be a huge winner for the sox , then ill shut the f*** up...until then..blow it out your asses:****

So once he makes one deal that turns out good, you'll be quiet? Evans has made a few crap moves as well. See 2 prospects for Paul Shuey. But I'm not a backer or anti-Williams.

atleast evans (with the shuey trade) made moves to give his team a chance to win..in '01 when the sox turned the season around and finally got themselves in position to challenge cleveland KW deemed it too much of a gamble and ended up dumping baldwin...how would that season have turned out if instead of dumping baldwin he actually took a chance and picked up woody williams, who was had for practically nothing by the cardinals??...can you imagine if we had come back all the way???...it would have been one of the greatest comebacks ever..and what would it have cost us to try??..as it turns absolutely nothing..cause thats exactly what we got for baldwin

I wouldn't say we got absolutely nothing for Baldwin...we got the butt of jokes for years to come! That damn Barry-Berry fiasco....I think KW will get a GM big-time with a Carlos Lee deal....he will deal, say, Carlos Lee and Corwin Malone for, oh say, Odalis Perez...and that Carlos Lee will be the Carlos Lee in high-A ball!

Probably not, but could you imagine a deal like that? LMAO!

i am not even going to get into the evans vs kw discussion. but to tell me to shut the f*** up. screw you.

i will say that kw is and at this point a lousy gm who has been taken more often than not. there is yet to see positive results in any of his trade except for maybe jimmenez.

ref byrd, why give all that money to ritchie when we could've at least make a run at byrd. the possible sfo trade, that was the second non trade. the first was the trade that he wanted for darren ernast(sp).

as to the farm, i will still say and we really don't know for sure, but did he really built the farm, or was he there and got credit for the selection. unless you were there, people will have their doubts as i do.

Originally posted by HawkDJ

Right on Cerb! I'm with you. I'm not fully convinced that no matter what move KW makes or doesn't make, it will be heavily criticized.

and with his stellar tract record for making outstanding trades, rightfully so. :metal

I don't trust him with the blockbuster deal...there is no point...the best blockbuster deal he got us was Sirotka for Wells...and we know how that all turned out.

However, when it comes to picking up a guy like Damaso Marte or a D'Angelo Jimenez, I will trust him...if we have to trade away high priced guys at the deadline, I trust him to get us something decent in return(most of the time anyways...goddamn Jon Adkins)...he's got a good talent in judging young talent....Diaz could turn into something big, Fransisco Franklin or whatever the hell his name is from Boston could be a decent reliever someday, as could Pacheco or Adkins, but I highly, highly doubt that.

I wish we could have a dual GM type thing...where we have one GM setup the big trades, and have one(KW) do the trading of good, high-priced players for prospects(unless it involves Billy Beane...get the f*** out of the way of Billy). Like for instance, I want to have Antonio Osuna's ass out of town, and KW would be the perfect guy to trade him. Trade him for a decent prospect, and you got yourself a winning trade, IMO. But if we want to do the blockbuster deal, to, say, get Bartolo Colon, then I am going to want a better GM doing that...with KW's approval first(of course not...we'd just say that though).

Originally posted by LDF
Originally posted by HawkDJ

Right on Cerb! I'm with you. I'm not fully convinced that no matter what move KW makes or doesn't make, it will be heavily criticized.

and with his stellar tract record for making outstanding trades, rightfully so. :metal

Yeah he makes bad trades and crappy trades and terrible trades etc. But that doesn't mean people need to bash his every move...because he has made good trades if people haven't noticed.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

cerb.. i have watched kw take on the farm system and do wonders with it... im now sitting here and watching him dwindle it away with stupid moves like the ritchie trade.....do you realize that most of our guys are "home grown" they were selected for a reason.....and now they are being traded or should i say pissed away for better term because kw wants this or that....i have never taken away kw's accomplishments of our farm system... he did wonders down there and i still to this day applaud him for it... its what hes done to a team which was on the verge of winning something big up here that i detest him for.......

That's why Danny f***ing Evans traded away his two best prospects for Paul f***ing Shuey. Evans sucks more than KW, face it.

Originally posted by theoldroman

Oh come on, I gave this worthless pile of dog feces a chance and all hes done is screwup. Why, exactly, should he have sat on his hands? To miss out on stars like Ortiz and Byrd, which, might I add, he did anyways?

KW wasn't at fault for missing out on Byrd. Byrd turned down good money with the Phillies and was holding out for the Braves. The Sox weren't going to get him.

He may of made one decent trade(Evans), but I will stick to my guns that KW is better then Dan Evans. I'd love to see Williams able to work with the payroll that Evans has in LA.

Now in Evans defense, he didn't exactly get to spend that money, but still, he has a lot more options then Williams.

Originally posted by witesoxfan

i didnt say make the konerko - ortiz trde if that was even a possibility...i didnt like that trade...but in the 2 years KW has been in charge we have gone from leading the AL in wins to a .500 ball club..and he has not made one trade that has significantly made this team better...but has made many that have hurt us...until this team wins he deserves all the criticism he gets...

Baggs has held his ground since the day KW was hired. I hope to god his wrong, but he is very consistent with his opinions.

Originally posted by Poppy Hidalgo

Paul Byrd is from Atlanta,ever think that might have something to do with it?

Thank you. Byrd turned down a lot more money and more years from the Phillies. Lets face it, the offer that it would of took to get Byrd in the South Side would of been way too risky.

Something like 3 yrs and 20 mill is what he had on the table from the Phillies. Sorry, but no way would I give Byrd that much money. He's good, but thats a big risk.