To all the KW haters...

Cerbaho-WG

Originally posted by greg775

In my opinion, our worst enemy is Reinsdork.

The second is KW.

There's no way we're going to win anything meaningful this year unless Frank hits .340 with 44 home runs and returns to the Frank of old by luck.

We were a .500 team with him hitting like s*** for most of the year this past year, and we won 83 games without him in the lineup for most of it(hell, we hadn't won hardly anything before and after Frank went out...we started to kick it up a notch about a third of the way through the year).

We need the starting pitching to come through for us...that's all. The bullpen will be good, the lineup will be good...the rotation is what scares me....and even if it pitches with a big stench of mediocrity, we could still win the division. Just look at the Angels or the Giants....mediocre to good rotations with real good bullpens and offenses. That could be us next year in the World Seires....key word there is could

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

cerb and jas... if you fully do not believe that kw makes most of the calls from his little world up above then you guys really need to come out to a game with me and sit and watch jm's expressions in the dugout each time that freakin phone rings... and ill tell ya that it often rings off the hook............kw often sticks his nose in where it doesnt belong..........

Guest Ncorgbl

"Also, no way is Borchard ready this year. A full season in AAA (Yes, another one) should be real good for him. He has way too long of a swing and they got some work to do with him before he's ready. He himself admits it.

As far as Liefer goes, he's nothing special. Clee is a changed player. Everyone still remembers him for his terrible defense, but last season he wasn't bad at all. He played much better and he's continuosly worked his butt off.

The guy now walks (He was one of the few players in the majors with more walks then strikeouts) and he will have a very very good season, as a matter of fact, he may be better then Konerko by the end of this season."

==========================================================

I seem to remember a few players who were said to have 'too long of swings', and did quite nicely. Wasn't Mickey Mantle one? Borchard can learn to hit up here as well.

You may be right, but how would we know Liefer is 'nothing special'?

Lee has one half of one season taking walks and you want to pronounce him? Sure, he's at Konerko's level, he has only half seasons of success too. When either of them play a full season at a successful level, then we'll know how good they are.

Originally posted by Ncorgbl

"Also, no way is Borchard ready this year. A full season in AAA (Yes, another one) should be real good for him. He has way too long of a swing and they got some work to do with him before he's ready. He himself admits it. 

As far as Liefer goes, he's nothing special. Clee is a changed player. Everyone still remembers him for his terrible defense, but last season he wasn't bad at all. He played much better and he's continuosly worked his butt off. 

The guy now walks (He was one of the few players in the majors with more walks then strikeouts) and he will have a very very good season, as a matter of fact, he may be better then Konerko by the end of this season."

I seem to remember a few players who were said to have 'too long of swings', and did quite nicely. Wasn't Mickey Mantle one? Borchard can learn to hit up here as well.

You may be right, but how would we know Liefer is 'nothing special'? 

Lee has one half of one season taking walks and you want to pronounce him? Sure, he's at Konerko's level, he has only half seasons of success too. When either of them play a full season at a successful level, then we'll know how good they are.

clee is nothing but trade bait. i have been hearing for 2 yrs now on a manny rammirez comparison. well, when is it going to happen? a half season does not make a career.

With Borchard cast away to AAA most likely, C Lee will probably stay. If we are in the hunt near the trade deadline, and Joe is etaring up the Intl League, then I'd expect C Lee to be dealt.

I would not trade the guy at all right now, just because of his new found plate discipline.

Great post Cerbaho.

That does indeed make sense.

If Joe B is doing well and Carlos hasn't totally emerged as an All Star type player, you could be right, we trade Carlos at the time you suggest.

On the other hand, Carlos still isn't going to bring much in a trade if he remains the Carlos we now know and love.

A good, but not great player who can't field.

Guest Ncorgbl

"With Borchard cast away to AAA most likely, C Lee will probably stay. If we are in the hunt near the trade deadline, and Joe is etaring up the Intl League, then I'd expect C Lee to be dealt.

I would not trade the guy at all right now, just because of his new found plate discipline."

We've all seen Lee's 'new found' talents before. His defense improved, then got worse than before. His offense was very good, only to slip again. Further, when one thing is working, either offense or defense, the others suffer. I see a trend here, and do not believe Lee's new found plate patience will last. However, he will. He's one of KW's favourites, and that means he stays until KW goes. Then the guy who should be in left can come up. Borchard can only learn what he needs to learn up in the bigs.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ive said it before and ill say it again... if borchard would have a steady diet of major league pitching instead of that crappy s*** in the minors day in and day out... he would become a much better, patient hitter................