7/17 vs KC Royals Doubleheader

flavum

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
Only game going on now I think and yet it took so long and the y blew the call unless they think Avi got tagged on the arm before the tag on the waist, but other wise it's SOS ( same old Sox). 2 lead off walks 2 outs on the bases.

Tough to tell if he got him on the arm or not there. But it needs to be a judgement call. My judgement would be that he didn't get the arm..but since there was no "definitive evidence" that he didn't get the arm...well, they stick with the call on the field.

Yes, it needs work.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 02:03 PM)
It seems pretty clear to me that a big part of the problem for us on plays like that is that we're making them too close. If they're close calls and the umps can't tell "when his leg hits the base versus when the tag hits him" the replay isn't going to either and the umps aren't giving the tie on tight plays at 2nd.

This is ridiculous. Tell our hitters not to take balls an inch off the plate too - can't just leave it in the umps' hands!

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
This is ridiculous. Tell our hitters not to take balls an inch off the plate too - can't just leave it in the umps' hands!

Yeah, you can't play the game where you take a part of your game away because the umps might screw it up.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
Seriously? Because his defense/framing seems pretty bad

His framing is actually rated pretty good this year, but that doesn't go into fWAR anyway. We only have 4 positive WAR position players.

Abreu: 1.5

Soto: 0.6

Flowers: 0.2

Eaton: 0.1

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
His framing is actually rated pretty good this year, but that doesn't go into fWAR anyway. We only have 4 positive WAR position players.

Abreu: 1.5

Soto: 0.6

Flower: 0.2

Eaton: 0.1

That's surprising. This is completely unrelated- Soto really annoys me when he throws the ball back to the pitcher. He leans forward on one knee, throws it back weakly, then scrapes the dirt with his throwing hand. I don't know why it annoys me. I'm usually sitting behind him at games, that's why I notice it. It makes him seem like he can barely throw the ball 60 feet.