7/18 vs KC Royals

flavum

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this continues a trend of the team not quite breaking out but still being really watchable. After the TB series, I was about ready to check out. They've made things interesting again, I hope we can beat this excellent KC team tomorrow and start beating up on somebody else afterwards.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)
Drat.

Really really surprised Tyler wasn't bunting.

Bunting would be playing for a tie. If Jennings is shot and Robertson unavailable, it makes sense not to bunt. Unless Emilio can pitch a few innings. ........................................

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 12:32 AM)
Bunting would be playing for a tie. If Jennings is shot and Robertson unavailable, it makes sense not to bunt. Unless Emilio can pitch a few innings. ........................................

Great post

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 07:32 PM)

I can buy that. Thanx.

If there's one thing I've picked up on due to the 05 reunion weekend, it's that team chemistry and "good clubhouse guys" are so much more important to a baseball team than you'd think. I feel like LaRoche isn't well-liked by the team, fwiw.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 12:41 AM)
If there's one thing I've picked up on due to the 05 reunion weekend, it's that team chemistry and "good clubhouse guys" are so much more important to a baseball team than you'd think. I feel like LaRoche isn't well-liked by the team, fwiw.

He's supposed to be one of the best clubhouse guys in all of baseball

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 06:42 PM)
He's supposed to be one of the best clubhouse guys in all of baseball

I rarely see or hear about him interacting with teammates. In the age of social media, it's easy to know if a certain teammate seems to be isolated. That would be ok if he had the whole "I'm a professional, I do my job quietly and well" kind of thing going, but he's been pretty bad this year. Maybe they don't like that his son is always with him

The As world championship teams hated each other.

Seen too many "good in the clubhouse" guys who couldn't play, and too many giving away of players that could because of the clubhouse.

I don't really care if the dugout is comfortable to the manager.

Talent is what wins.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
Maybe he was promised the day off...Robin has done that before with him this season.

Mark

After like 5 days off and pitching for 1 day?

Did you guys hear something injury related or soreness related earlier? I'll buy it just unexpected and worrisome with a guy having 3.4 more years on a big deal.

I think Robin didn't want to be in the situation where Robertson wasn't available tomorrow. If the Sox tied it again, I am sure he would have come in, he was loosening up when Cain homered, and then he sat down,

It seems they are trying to get through this weekend so Carroll and/or Jones can be put on the roster. I think Hahn needs to do something for tomorrow's game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
Horrible managing not having Dyson playing deeper

Hey Fathom, I definitely hear what yu are saying and respect you. Here was Ned on the post game with his explanation however: He said the Royals never play "doubles depth" with their big three relievers in the 7th, 8th and 9th because they are so good. He says they always play shallow or normal depth. Now you could blast him for that and point to Ned being a clown, but he said it's an absolute. Now he might have to adjust if these relievers are becoming hittable in 2015, but that was his reasoning. He said they flat out have never played doubles depth with their star relievers on the mound because they are so filthy. Even if you disagree, pls answer: Do you think Gordon would have caught it regardless?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 11:34 PM)
Holland threw 0/8 pitches in the strike zone during that AB.

Has anybody else noticed Holland does what Nate Jones does? He has that funky delivery where his arm is away from the body? The thing I always b**** about with Nate?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 12:17 AM)
Jennings is not a long reliever, what the f*** is Robin doing?

No offense to Robin, but he's overmatched. I feel like he conceded another game today. Jennings with the longest outing of his career. Great outing but eventually he's gonna give up a run. Not pitching Robertson is a fireable offense (again).

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 12:20 AM)
Well s***. How do you run out of pensmen?

No offense, but we're talking about Robin here.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 12:22 AM)
You can blame management for this loss for having Emilio, Beckham, Gillaspie, Sanchez, Alexei, and Saladino all on the roster keeping one less pitcher in the bullpen.

Excellent post!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 12:30 AM)
Good effort by the team today, tomorrow is just about the biggest game of the season if they want to avoid being broken up.

I said we'd lose 3 or 4. There's no reason to believe otherwise. We're lucky we got one. Nice crisp 2-0 win by my boy, Danks!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 01:00 AM)
Sounds like Robertson is healthy, so no clue why he wasn't used.

Our manager's name is Robin Ventura. Sorry to be a dick but he's not very good.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 01:36 AM)
I think Robin didn't want to be in the situation where Robertson wasn't available tomorrow. If the Sox tied it again, I am sure he would have come in, he was loosening up when Cain homered, and then he sat down,

It seems they are trying to get through this weekend so Carroll and/or Jones can be put on the roster. I think Hahn needs to do something for tomorrow's game.

And that folks is our White Sox. Always playing for "tomorrow" or the next series or the next week. No sense of urgency. Greg wanted Sale/Shark in the DH to send a message, to sweep and kick some ass second half on to the WC. Instead ... gotta look down the line and rest Sale for Sunday and the second half. Well after Sunday, 3 of 4 losses, the second half is off to a rousingly bad start! Let's keep playing for the future though, not the present.

Edited by greg775

Yeah I think he just didn't want to use his last guy until absolutely necessary and he didn't want to send Robertson out there until Jennings got himself into trouble. Truth be told, Jennings pitched pretty damn well.