7/19 - Royals at White Sox

Also, to answer the inevitable question, no I don't like wasting a possible rotation of Sale/rodon/quintana/fulmer with terrible offensive teams. There are two many holes and you just know they're not going to completely overhaul the lineup (even though they should).

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The irony is that we're tied for the 9th pick in the first round.

We can't even lose in a beneficial way.

Purgatory.

But seeing Davidson, Anderson, Trayce, Montas, EJ, Beck, Kevan Smith, maybe Hawkins and Danish....what's to lose? We get a better idea where they are for 2016 and improve draft position. The attendance will be brutal from here on out anyway.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
Lol. Saladino on the trade market has about as much value as my expired Ant-Man ticket stub.

He should be a decent utility player, although we've already needlessly spent $6+ million on that spot with a negative return on investment.

I wouldn't move Abreu.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
The irony is that we're tied for the 9th pick in the first round.

We can't even lose in a beneficial way.

Purgatory.

If they trade Samardzija and start giving some of the younger guys more at bats, they'll rack up the losses with their killer schedule the rest of the way.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
Also, to answer the inevitable question, no I don't like wasting a possible rotation of Sale/rodon/quintana/fulmer with terrible offensive teams. There are two many holes and you just know they're not going to completely overhaul the lineup (even though they should).

You could say you're going to build a rotation around Rodon and Fulmer and move Sale, Shark and Quintana. And of course, Danks, for whatever you can get. I think you might even be able to move Robertson before the deadline. Make it the white flag sale to end all white flag sales. And package some of these pitchers with players like Alexei, LaRoche, Bonafacio (still a value in the NL), Flowers, and Melky. And then go Game of Throne on some organizations and rape and pillage their top talent.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)
Congrats greg, you were off by a single run

Thanks for the props. I take no joy in my prediction, however, since the Sox got owned again by a divisional foe. I knew this series was lost - 3 of 4 or 4 of 4 - before the series started when Robin made the ridiculous call to wait until Sunday to pitch Sale.

I knew Sox weren't coming to compete again, but were looking down the line with no urgency as they always do. Give Sale the extended break, blah blah blah.

Again ... someday we will have a team that comes out to battle every day. But right now Sox are just a patsy in their own division. The front office will continue to wait for the 13 game winning streak that might put us in position to grab the wild card. Problem is that streak never comes, but we know that rotten 1-9 or 2-8 stretch on the road sure is coming again at some point the second half as it always does.

Sox will probably continue to play decent baseball the rest of the way, looking good on occasion and winning some games, but losing pretty much every series against divisional teams and also suffering that abovementioned stretch. I'd say 12 to 20 below .500 will be the ultimate record.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
The real question is who bet their house on the Danks start?

That would have taken major cojones. Losses in Quintana and Sale starts against KC aren't exactly shockers.

And Alex Gordon's out too, so we can't really use the injury excuse, either.

Hey now, if I had the money I would have bet the house on Danks. 9-1 with a better era than Sale in his career vs KC.

He should have started the first game to set the tone. ;)

Edited by scs787