Cards @ Sox

BigHurt3515

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a typical loss for a last place team. Bad effort from starting pitcher but good relief. Bats show a little bit for the home fans on a summer night, but lack of clutch hitting keeps the lousy last place team from beating the first place team. Way too little too late.

Overall Good effort from last place club, though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
Good thing Robin keeps letting LaRoche bat vs. LHP. Can LaRoche please retire?

But he's such a leader and a team guy. He did his FA presser over the phone, and didn't show up to soxfest, but he's a real leader. (wow I'm f***ing bitter!)

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)
Good gracious, Kenny Hahn wanted to rent him too?

Madness!

Heyward doesn't hit near well enough for the money he will command.

.285/.341/.435 seems like a good pair for elite defense. I'd say he's worth the money.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
.285/.341/.435 seems like a good pair for elite defense. I'd say he's worth the money.

Ofcourse and you see what he can give you. He's about a 3 WAR on average and about 6 on a good year. That might be nice to have.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)

I'd say he isn't with all of the holes on this team. That kind of money needs big production, which he hasn't brought in a while.

Too much hero worship in this organization. They needs solid baseball players at multiple positions.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)
I'd say he isn't with all of the holes on this team. That kind of money needs big production, which he hasn't brought in a while.

Too much hero worship in this organization. They needs solid baseball players at multiple positions.

Agree to disagree, he is the exact type of player this organization needs and he's available this offseason. No one you're thinking of is.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
I think he blows.

Melky blows and Laroche blows.

The great Kenny Hahn winter moves, and they'll bring them back to their starting positions next year. Never give up on a dead veteran.

Tonight was a disgrace. Ventura and Cooper should be ashamed of themselves. But they have no shame - the team apparently exists for their comfort.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 10:40 PM)
Agree to disagree, he is the exact type of player this organization needs and he's available this offseason. No one you're thinking of is.

Yeah it's a little silly. How often does a 25 year old with growing offense and elite defense come about in free agency? Did everyone forget that he put up a 6 WAR season last year? That's better than most of our starting lineup combined.

But let's sign a bunch of late 20-early 30 year old players. That'll work instead.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 10:40 PM)

He'll get a QO though. They can't give up any more draft picks.

Heyward had a .735 OPS last year. Gt him and you'll still have Melky at LF, Laroche at DH and no one at 3B.

We could fill 3 positions with solid players for that kind of money (assuming the Sox would evaluate talent reasonably accurately, which is admittedly a dubious assumption).

Which is why I lean to trading sale if we could get full price.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 10:43 PM)
He'll get a QO though. They can't give up any more draft picks.

So keep Shark and extend him a QO. The Sox will be picking in the top 10 this year, little doubt about that at this point. With the comp pick for Shark and their first and second pick both being high, they can afford to lose one of those picks to sign an elite player. Your OF defense gets a major boost with Heyward out there and I think that takes a lot of pressure off Eaton as well.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 11:21 PM)
So keep Shark and extend him a QO. The Sox will be picking in the top 10 this year, little doubt about that at this point. With the comp pick for Shark and their first and second pick both being high, they can afford to lose one of those picks to sign an elite player. Your OF defense gets a major boost with Heyward out there and I think that takes a lot of pressure off Eaton as well.

I suppose. Part of the reason why that comp pick is so valuable is because you'd gain tons of flexibility. Giving away the 2nd rounder and that $1.8 ish million slot isn't something I'd want to do.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 06:21 AM)
I suppose. Part of the reason why that comp pick is so valuable is because you'd gain tons of flexibility. Giving away the 2nd rounder and that $1.8 ish million slot isn't something I'd want to do.

i agree but the way around the uncertainty of a draft pick not panning out, the org get lots of them, then one should pan out.