Cards @ Sox

BigHurt3515

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
I expect us to lose every game now so it's really not so painful. Did anybody hear Hawk tonight say he wasn't gonna give up til the Sox were eliminated cause there's too much talent? That's really an indictment (hint hint?) of Robin. If we got the talent, then where are the wins? We should be contending apparently.

It's actually the opposite. The Sox are so far worse than the rest of the league offensively and defensively. They have a -WAR. That's awful. The fact that they are 42-48 instead of 20 games under speaks to how good the pitching is. The fact that they have the record they do is actually a positive for Robin.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 03:37 AM)
and bring up Davidson - might as well.

Just think if Davidson comes up and does what Saladino is doing? We'd be stoked for our 3B and SS of the future.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 09:38 PM)
So is Abreu a phenom or just another guy? I still love him and expect him to homer every time up, but ...

Just another guy? He's an .800 OPS player with nobody else in the lineup and he's playing injured.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 09:38 PM)
So is Abreu a phenom or just another guy? I still love him and expect him to homer every time up, but ...

I think he has been average but others argue he is way above in 2015. I do not see it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 09:39 PM)
Just think if Davidson comes up and does what Saladino is doing? We'd be stoked for our 3B and SS of the future.

I'd consider DLing Abreu and bringing up Trayce Thompson actually. DH Garcia.

WTF. First two were hittable Melky. Third one coulda been hit too if he just tried to make contact. s*** at bat, Melky. Does Melky have any real supporters, fans here? I think he blows.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
I think he has been average but others argue he is way above in 2015. I do not see it.

He's not a super duper star but he's really good. I think his thumb is really jacked up too.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 03:42 AM)
He's not a super duper star but he's really good. I think his thumb is really jacked up too.

Problem is with all the massive holes on the offensive side, they need him to be a superstar

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
I have the weirdest feeling they will go hard after him after just missing out on him last offseason. I am probably incredibly wrong though.

Good gracious, Kenny Hahn wanted to rent him too?

Madness!

Heyward doesn't hit near well enough for the money he will command.

Edited by GreenSox