First game since 2005...

The Sir

My wife, my three month old and I will be attending the Yankees game on August 1st. It will be my first game in ten years, and the first time at USCF with my wife (although she has been before, which is interesting because she's not from the area). And my son's first MLB game ever!

So, a few questions:

1) I got a red parking pass. Is that general admission? I thought it was, but once I looked at the actual pass, it seems to have an assigned spot. What's the deal with that? I got the red one because it looked closer, and I figured we could get there early enough to be right at potential entrances. I'm really hoping I don't have to push a stroller across Siberia, but I will if I have to.

2) That game starts at 6:10. What time do the gates open? And considering game time traffic, what time should we leave the loop and head that way?

3) Obviously a lot can happen with Rodon getting skipped occasionally and Shark possibly getting traded, but any idea on who's pitching? I'm gonna be sad if it's Danks.

Can't answer red, I believe gates are 2 hrs before if I remember correctly from opening day.

It will almost certainly be Danks. As I've discussed with others on the board, it is almost unbelievable how many danks games everyone has been to vs. everyone else.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
It will almost certainly be Danks. As I've discussed with others on the board, it is almost unbelievable how many danks games everyone has been to vs. everyone else.

Ugh. I suppose it could be an inspiring lesson for our child, at least.

"You see, son? All you have to do is develop an 85 mile per hour fastball with crummy secondary stuff and you could make millions of dollars playing a game too!"

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. And thanks in advance to any other suggestions, as well.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 05:04 PM)
My wife, my three month old and I will be attending the Yankees game on August 1st. It will be my first game in ten years, and the first time at USCF with my wife (although she has been before, which is interesting because she's not from the area). And my son's first MLB game ever!

So, a few questions:

1) I got a red parking pass. Is that general admission? I thought it was, but once I looked at the actual pass, it seems to have an assigned spot. What's the deal with that? I got the red one because it looked closer, and I figured we could get there early enough to be right at potential entrances. I'm really hoping I don't have to push a stroller across Siberia, but I will if I have to.

2) That game starts at 6:10. What time do the gates open? And considering game time traffic, what time should we leave the loop and head that way?

3) Obviously a lot can happen with Rodon getting skipped occasionally and Shark possibly getting traded, but any idea on who's pitching? I'm gonna be sad if it's Danks.

1) I believe red isn't assigned parking it is just the close parking lot. There are signs on the dan ryan that tells you what exit to get off at. If you get there when the parking lots first open, which is two hours before game, you shouldn't have a problem finding a parking lot.

2) if the game starts at 6:10 then the gates open 90 mins before that so 4:40 is when they would open. Not to sure what time you should leave for the game but since its on a saturday you could probably leave at 4 and be there in plenty of time.

3) According to espn, http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/chw , they have danks scheduled to pitch so have fun with that. You could be like me and have Sale scheduled to pitch on the two games I've been to this year and then have Robin dash your hopes and dreams and change the rotation.

4)Have fun

Edited by DaveBrown85