Bobbleheads - SGAs and Others

Billness33

Hey Guys,

This post may be a little different than the normal, but I thought I would pick your brains. I recently challenged myself to collect every bobblehead ever given out by the White Sox in stadium or as a STH appreciation deal.

Below is the list I have compiled. I would love feedback on your thoughts and if I am missing anything.

Thanks in advance,

BILL

2001:

6/1/01 Frank Thomas

7/1/01 Magglio Ordoñez

2002:

4/14/02 Magglio Ordoñez

7/28/02 Carlton Fisk

8/11/02 Minnie Minoso

2003:

6/11/03 Ken Harrelson/Darrin Jackson

7/18/03 Paul Konerko

2004:

8/21/04 Esteban Loaiza

2005:

Research Shows Nothing Was Released

2006:

2007:

5/27/07 Ozzie Guillen

9/16/07 Jim Thome

2008:

Chicago White Sox 2008 Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Gift A.J. Pierzynski

8/10/08 Nick Swisher

2009:

2010:

8/14/10 Miller Lite Beer Vendor

8/29/10 Frank Thomas

9/18/10 Nancy Faust

9/28/10 Andruw Jones

2011:

4/12/11 Frank Thomas

4/29/11 Frank Thomas

8/4/11 Miller Lite Beer Vendor #2

8/20/11 Mark Buehrle

9/13/11 Roger Bossard (“Sodfather”)

2012:

5/26/12 Robin Ventura

8/4/12 Miller Lite Beer Vendor #3

2013:

4/27/13 Harold Baines

5/11/13 Paul Konerko

8/10/13 Ron Kittle

2014:

5/20/14 Chris Sale

Paul Konerko (Sox Charity – Limited Edition - Buy In Stadium)

8/30/14 Tony La Russa

2015:

1/25/15 Jose Abreu (SoxFest Bobblehead)

7/4/15 Bobby Jenks

7/17/15 Jose Abreu (Sox Charity – Limited Edition – Buy In Stadium)

8/1/15 Scott Podsednik

8/29/15: Jermaine Dye

OTHER:

2008: Mark “Chief” Salas Fantasy Camp Promo Bobblehead

Year Unknown: Juan Pierre (Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Gift)

Year Unknown: Alexei Ramirez

Here is a complete list that I've compiled over the years. It is missing the new Jose Abreu ROY and Adam Eaton Star Wars bobbles though. My buddy MYSOXSUMMER posted it to his blog. Good luck on the hunt!!!

https://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2015/07/0...am-issued-only/

Side note, I'm looking for these 4. Does anyone have them and would you be willing to sell or trade?

- 2003 Fantasy Camp Art Kusnyer (Cave)

- 2005 Fantasy Camp Tom Paciorek

- 2007 Fantasy Camp Greg Walker

- 2011 Kid’s Club Southpaw

If anyone has these, please contact me!

Edited by Soxfan916

QUOTE (Soxfan916 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
Here is a complete list that I've compiled over the years. It is missing the new Jose Abreu ROY and Adam Eaton Star Wars bobbles though. My buddy MYSOXSUMMER posted it to his blog. Good luck on the hunt!!!

https://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/2015/07/0...am-issued-only/

Side note, I'm looking for these 4. Does anyone have them and would you be willing to sell or trade?

- 2003 Fantasy Camp Art Kusnyer (Cave)

- 2005 Fantasy Camp Tom Paciorek

- 2007 Fantasy Camp Greg Walker

- 2011 Kid’s Club Southpaw

If anyone has these, please contact me! jrricch@gmail.com 616-299-6518

I really appreciate the help. I look forward to digging through this blog!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 11:57 AM)
My mom has this weird obsession with Scott Podsednik. She can't go to the 8/1 game but really wants on of the bobbleheads. She'll pay $20 for one or can trade a Sale or a Kittle. PM me if interested.

I can help you with this easily. I will PM you

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 11:57 AM)
My mom has this weird obsession with Scott Podsednik. She can't go to the 8/1 game but really wants on of the bobbleheads. She'll pay $20 for one or can trade a Sale or a Kittle. PM me if interested.

Most women do... My wife and two sister-in-laws included. "Scotty Too Hottie" is what they call him. Ugh...

What I wouldn't do for an Esteban Loiza or Adruw Jones bobble!!! Man those would look good next to my Nancy Faust, Juan Pierre, and Miller Lite Vendor.

I will say though, they do make good office paper weights/trinkets. I used to just always give mine away, kept a few over the past year on my desk. Always get the most attention from people visiting the office.

Didn't see Jose Valentin mentioned. Also the road-jersey Frank Thomas and Paul Konerko from 2002. Also from 2003, the Konerko home jersey batting, the Magglio home jersey All-Star batting, and the Frank home jersey kneeling. On top of those, there are variations of all three in the black alternate unis. Also not sure if you listed Bill Melton and Joe Crede.

QUOTE (Brian26 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 04:58 PM)
Didn't see Jose Valentin mentioned. Also the road-jersey Frank Thomas and Paul Konerko from 2002. Also from 2003, the Konerko home jersey batting, the Magglio home jersey All-Star batting, and the Frank home jersey kneeling. On top of those, there are variations of all three in the black alternate unis. Also not sure if you listed Bill Melton and Joe Crede.
The 03 magglio was not a SGA. it was for retail sale, and came in clamshell packaging(I saw some other 03 ASG bobbles, from players on other teams, in the same packaging at jewel that summer).

The 03 magglio was not a SGA. it was for retail sale, and came in clamshell packaging(I saw some other 03 ASG bobbles, from players on other teams, in the same packaging at jewel that summer).

I didn't catch that. It was an AGP, same style as all of the other Sox ones.

Disqualify the 2002 Konerko and Thomas also then, and the '03 Konerko and Thomas. All of these fit right in with the AGP bobbles though and not those crappy looking Forever Collectibles.

Now I know why Ewok joined my group!

I started this FB page with pics from my collection -

The White Sox Bobblehead Resource

I did one post on bobbles, but I am no expert. I started it up because there is a huge upkick in collecting and thought there needed to be a resource for us fans. I limited it to only what I have currently. Mostly SGA's, as I don't collect many retail versions.

QUOTE (Brian26 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 04:58 PM)

Joe Crede was a SoxFest giveaway in 2012. They also sold them that season at the park (one game).

Bill Melton joins - Art "Cave" Kushner, Carlos May, Greg Walker, Tom Paciorek, Bobby Thigpen and Mark "Chief" Salas as the Fantasy Camp Bobbles given out by the Sox. Very limited. Very hard to find.