7/26 Sox @ Indians 12:10 CT

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 03:42 PM)
I don't disagree on the big league coaching part, but "losing a whole month of reps" at 2b would seem like a major loss. No matter how much you do it in practice, if you're not doing it in games, you're not practicing. Things like keeping focus, making decisions, footwork under pressure, all those split-second decisions you make, a month without that seems like a real loss. I don't think the greatest coach in the world can make up for game action.

I don't disagree. A lot of it depends on how in contention that we think that we are. As you allude to, Carlos isn't coming off the field anytime soon. But it's something to rattle around in the brain. At least until we acquire Raburn.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
With Micah's biggest problem being "defense" it does seem like having him "play DH for 2 months" could lead to a real developmental setback for him.

You don't think having him up working with Sanchez and the MLB coaches on his defense every day would help him?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 01:28 PM)
With Micah's biggest problem being "defense" it does seem like having him "play DH for 2 months" could lead to a real developmental setback for him.

Blah please. You can play baseball all year round in winters leagues . You can practice defense while DHing too. If you want to get better get reps all year round or you end up a permanent DH , traded or a guy who never finds a spot because of it and his weak arm. I think Micah still has star potential but only if his D can improve a lot and it won't ever be as good as Sanchez' because of his arm.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
At least until we acquire Raburn.

He'd be about the worst possible acquisition the white sox will make. He wouldn't get to play against White Sox pitching! Without our pitching staff his numbers would be LaRoche like. ;)

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
Blah please. You can play baseball all year round in winters leagues . You can practice defense while DHing too. If you want to get better get reps all year round or you end up a permanent DH , traded or a guy who never finds a spot because of it and his weak arm. I think Micah still has star potential but only if his D can improve a lot and it won't ever be as good as Sanchez' because of his arm.

So you think Micah has all star potential, needs to work on his D, but you're willing to sacrifice a month of work on his D in game situations. See the problem?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
Winter League no problem.

How about this.

If you really think this team is in it this year, why not use Micah as your top trade chip? Sanchez seems like he might be able to actually hold down 2b and be strong defensively, which would leave Micah without a position anyway. Micah could potentially bring back a strong return that could fill a position for a full year, and you'd almost certainly find a better hitter than what Micah would be coming up as a rookie.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
How about this.

If you really think this team is in it this year, why not use Micah as your top trade chip? Sanchez seems like he might be able to actually hold down 2b and be strong defensively, which would leave Micah without a position anyway. Micah could potentially bring back a strong return that could fill a position for a full year, and you'd almost certainly find a better hitter than what Micah would be coming up as a rookie.

I've actually proposed Micah as trade bait already . Between all these threads about trades and players, it's out there somewhere.

Edit : Post 35, "Teams in front of us in the Wild Card" thread.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 01:41 PM)
RABURN

I bet he was called out in the closed door meeting they had after the game. Talk about a pissed off team. Sounds like Francona might have lost this team with the stuff they're saying, like no one is being held accountable, etc.