7/27 White Sox @ Red Sox 6:05 CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
33 pitches to close out a game you have a 3 run lead in.

Which means there's pretty much no way you can bring him back tomorrow except for a single batter or two.

And now Petricka was extended as well.

Someone's going to have to step up tomorrow, either the offense or Samardzija.

19-12 last 31, 9-2/1-6/5-0 (15-8 sounds better!)

This means flavum's projected records are about to start appearing again, haha.

Edited by caulfield12

Nice play by Saladino. Can't beat making the routine plays! That's a big win in Fenway. I don't care how s***ty the Sawx are, it's nice to win there.

Sox won't be trading Shark now folks. Add a starter and a hitter. Trade some of our prospects to do that I guess.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)
Which means there's pretty much no way you can bring him back tomorrow except for a single batter or two.

Albers pitched a lot too. Tomorrow we basically have Putnam, Jennings, and Duke.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)

19-12 last 31, 9-2/1-6/5-0 (15-8 sounds better!)

This means flavum's projected records are about to start appearing again, haha.

Samardzija goes 8 and Putnam pitches the 9th. Problem solved.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 04:06 AM)
Get the f*** out this thread you f***ing jinx.

Calm down. You are getting awfully mad lately at somebody you don't know, who merely posts stuff on the internet. I am not a jinx. Be careful before you get banned. Just put me on ignore.

Nice win, White Sox. Time for the team to keep winning, albeit it's tough to do on the road in a loud park like Fenway.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
Why are we paying Robertson this much money again?

It's almost like he forgot he was once successful with the Yankees against the Red Sox.

Yikes.

Is this post serious?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
Is this post serious?

Actually, I should merely ask why Tyler Flowers is calling 10 consecutive cutters against DeAza when a single well-executed knuckle curve will wipe him out.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/pitching/_/sort/blownSaves

He's still tied for the major league lead in blown saves. That doesn't mean we're better off with Addison Reed, but he hasn't been the same pitcher he was the first two months of the season, either.

My personal belief is he's getting more work in Chicago because there's no Betances/Miller to protect him, and that he's losing some of the crispness and velocity from his cutter. And, for whatever reason, he's become more reluctant to throw knuckle curves (blocking pitches isn't one of Tyler's strengths).

At $12-13 million, you're paying a closer elite money...you expect elite results. I counted 9 relievers just on that first page with higher WAR numbers.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
Actually, I should merely ask why Tyler Flowers is calling 10 consecutive cutters against DeAza when a single well-executed knuckle curve will wipe him out.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/pitching/_/sort/blownSaves

He's still tied for the major league lead in blown saves. That doesn't mean we're better off with Addison Reed, but he hasn't been the same pitcher he was the first two months of the season, either.

My personal belief is he's getting more work in Chicago because there's no Betances/Miller to protect him, and that he's losing some of the crispness and velocity from his cutter. And, for whatever reason, he's become more reluctant to throw knuckle curves (blocking pitches isn't one of Tyler's strengths).

At $12-13 million, you're paying a closer elite money...you expect elite results. I counted 9 relievers just on that first page with higher WAR numbers.

Both righties and lefties were hitting under .200 against him coming into tonight...he's given up some very big hits - there is no disputing that - but he's been very, very good.

Edited by iamshack

BMags:

Also keep in mind Robertson threw a lot of innings the last few years with the Yankees and that's not counting the times he warmed up and wasn't used. It all adds up.

The Sox have to seriously think about moving Danks to the pen if they in fact get back in the race. You simply can't have a guy getting beat up and blowing out the bull pen in three out of every four of his starts. But with what he's getting paid would the Sox do that?

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 04:33 AM)
BMags:

Also keep in mind Robertson threw a lot of innings the last few years with the Yankees and that's not counting the times he warmed up and wasn't used. It all adds up.

The Sox have to seriously think about moving Danks to the pen if they in fact get back in the race. You simply can't have a guy getting beat up and blowing out the bull pen in three out of every four of his starts. But with what he's getting paid would the Sox do that?

Mark

It's not that bad. I quoted the stats last game when Danks dominated. I think he'd been excellent in something like four of eight starts. It's not easy to pitch in Fenway. I expect Shark will have some trouble as well tomorrow. BTW, Stoney was saying Danks had an uncharacteristic start tonight during the wrap part of the broadcast. Why won't the Danks haters accept the fact he's been damn good for a fifth starter. Again ... take the money out of the equation. He's been OK as No. 5 as he continues his comeback from that surgery.

Edited by greg775