Official Buyers Thread

Chicago White Sox

Alright, I'm now convinced the Sox can make a serious run at the 2nd wild card. If that's indeed the route they go, do you think they should trade for a bat and if so who?

I know it's an unpopular opinion around here, but I really like the idea of CarGo. Allows us to hold onto Quintana, Shark, and most of our top prospects. I think if we take on most of his salary, we could get him for Avi and a lottery ticket prospect.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not trying to be mr downer. but the sox needs to get a winning record from now until end of season. esp in the al central.

can anyone think they can win in the central???

either way. the sox needs players..... so whom???

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
Alright, I'm now convinced the Sox can make a serious run at the 2nd wild card. If that's indeed the route they go, do you think they should trade for a bat and if so who?

I know it's an unpopular opinion around here, but I really like the idea of CarGo. Allows us to hold onto Quintana, Shark, and most of our top prospects. I think if we take on most of his salary, we could get him for Avi and a lottery ticket prospect.

I'd love a trade with Avi as the centerpiece

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
i am not trying to be mr downer. but the sox needs to get a winning record from now until end of season. esp in the al central.

Yes, they can win in the Central. Not a doubt in my mind. The switch has been flipped.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
Yes, they can win in the Central. Not a doubt in my mind. The switch has been flipped.

No chance they win the AL Central with the way KC is playing.

We win tonight, Minnesota is losing right now to Pitt, by the end of the night, Sox could be 3 1/2 back of WC.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
No chance they win the AL Central with the way KC is playing.

We win tonight, Minnesota is losing right now to Pitt, by the end of the night, Sox could be 3 1/2 back of WC.

I never said they'd win the AL Central.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
I never said they'd win the AL Central.

win in the Central and win the Central....better to have said, they're capable of beating the teams in the AL Central head to head(other than the Royals right now)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
Nightingale makes it sound like we won't be selling shark. He's usually pretty well connected.

assuming you mean this:

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 3m3 minutes ago

Jeff Samardzija can unpack his suitcase. He leads the #WhiteSox to 6th straight victory,who have now surpassed #Tigers and closing on #Twins